Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looks like he has a decent record and would be a good addition, serious competition up top.

Quick Google search says that he’s signed for Cardiff till 2023?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Traf said:

Evatt's in Dubai and Fossey's a cripple.

That enough for you? 😉

That’s Thumbhead’s headlines sorted for tomorrow then.

Edited by Steejay

10 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Whatever the draw, or otherwise, of Blackpool for Evatt he won't take being anything other than first choice positively.

So that concern, if it ever was a concern, should be over.

I hadn't looked at it that way actually, he ain't going anywhere.

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I hadn't looked at it that way actually, he ain't going anywhere.

I look forward to the day when we put ourselves in a position where the idea of Blackpool nicking a Bolton manager is laughable. I appreciate these are special circumstances given IE's long history with Blackpool but us being a division below them is something that has happened incredibly infrequently in history. It happened for two seasons in the early 70s (when ironically we had another Blackpool legend as boss in Jimmy Armfield) and in 87/8. It had rarely happened in the decades beforehand so this is all very anomalous.

It'll get put right at some point- the sooner the better.

7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I look forward to the day when we put ourselves in a position where the idea of Blackpool nicking a Bolton manager is laughable. I appreciate these are special circumstances given IE's long history with Blackpool but us being a division below them is something that has happened incredibly infrequently in history. It happened for two seasons in the early 70s (when ironically we had another Blackpool legend as boss in Jimmy Armfield) and in 87/8. It had rarely happened in the decades beforehand so this is all very anomalous.

It'll get put right at some point- the sooner the better.

Amen to that.

This week has been a struggle with so called perfeclty balanced individuals inferring they are similar sized to us.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Amen to that.

This week has been a struggle with so called perfeclty balanced individuals inferring they are similar sized to us.

It seems Nixon is reporting that Blackpool do have an interest in Evatt as well as Liam Rosenior who is on the staff at Derby.

Similar size to us is limited to around 9 or 10 clubs i would say and i am basing it on 

. History

. Success

. Current status,

So here goes, Middlesbrough, Blackburn Rovers, Sheffield Utd, Soke City,Birmingham City,West Bromwich Albion, Ipswich Town,Norwich City, Portsmouth, Crystal Palace,etc.

I think that's fair.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Similar size to us is limited to around 9 or 10 clubs i would say and i am basing it on 

. History

. Success

. Current status,

So here goes, Middlesbrough, Blackburn Rovers, Sheffield Utd, Soke City,Birmingham City,West Bromwich Albion, Ipswich Town,Norwich City, Portsmouth, Crystal Palace,etc.

I think that's fair.

Derby, Forest and Leicester as well for me

1 hour ago, Whitestar said:

. History

. Success

. Current status,

I think that's fair.

Are you just basing it on history, success and status and not crowds (actual/potential)?  I'm only asking as attendances are often the first thing mentioned in such discussions.  I'd agree with all the above if not including crowds, and add Sheff Wed.