Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Sounds like you're desperately finding reasons to put him down.  If you think Sadlier is a better option at RWB then you're officially off your trolley.

If we don't sign him and he ends up at a Championship club then fine, we move on.  But let's not pretend he wasn't very, very good for us last season.  Prior to his injury, if there was anyone playing for us who looked like they'd be able to step up to Championship level then it was him.

Not sure where you got that from, Sadlier is nowhere near being a wing back.  He just looks better at beating a man than Fossey, for me.  I enjoyed watching Fossey play for us, and he's a good character, but that applies to loads of other players in this squad too. He didn't stand out to me any more than a lot of our other attacking players but we all see things differently.  I stand by that his main quality is pace, which is fantastic, but only really works if the opposition don't match it.

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Aimson & johnston got some unfair criticism at times both did well while santos was out, yes made errors but do for me 

Agreed.  Aimson played well in most games I saw, but when we play with wingbacks he has to build play a lot more than a CB would in a flat back 4.  That's not his game, but he's got loads of qualities, same with Johnston.

We could sign Messi in two weeks and Trafford would still be the biggest signing of the summer. Hope he can carry on where he left off and with any luck we’ll be able to get in to his ear about a permanent move. Must admit I was never worried about it not happening just from the vibes he gave in the interviews late last season when talking about how much he was enjoying it and looking ahead to 2022/23 etc

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, little whitt said:

that fucker will still be cutting the grass 

with that Little  Mower when the season starts

Watch post match summing up after games- you often see two or three blokes running a small mower over the pitch behind the pundits.

I presume it's to avoid compression of the soil by using unduly heavy equipment. 

Wonder if any of them are ever tempted to "write" something in the grass?

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Watch post match summing up after games- you often see two or three blokes running a small mower over the pitch behind the pundits.

I presume it's to avoid compression of the soil by using unduly heavy equipment. 

Would be piss funny if Little Whitt did 😁

• Site Supporter

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool/who-is-conor-bradley-all-you-need-to-know-about-liverpool-star-named-in-the-northern-ireland-squad-39407660.html

This guy being suggested as Fossey alternative - Conor Bradley.

Looks about 14 years old.

Edited by Steejay

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Steejay said:

Doyle done the groundwork? I trust Evatt. I'd never heard of Fossey or Kioso - or most his signings to be fair

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

its a new pitch was up in the LOV giving Blood monday 

looks Amazing 

1 minute ago, Morizio said:

Fucking hell this is well good. We’re after a Liverpool player, some kid who can play right wing back. Bradley is his name but don’t tell anyone or my source within Liverpool FC will be fucked

Conor Bradley.

kent_white is your source, isn't he.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Fucking hell this is well good. We’re after a Liverpool player, some kid who can play right wing back. Bradley is his name but don’t tell anyone or my source within Liverpool FC will be fucked

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/20214132.bolton-wanderers-first-queue-liverpool-youngster---transfer-gossip/