Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Steejay said:

His loss.

And most of you would have let him shag the wife….

I’d hazard a guess 90% of those offering their wife as potential shags for Fossey are at least 10-15 years from marriage.

21 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Makes you wonder who these championship clubs are who have been chasing him, fair enough to the lad for going for the money

If Rotherham offered 3 years on decent money I suppose he has to take it given his injury record, has to be all about length of contract and the £££.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Certainly, not going for the size of fanbase, doubt he'd get more money, not going to play in a big stadium, maybe he likes industrial wastelands. Very strange move. It it happens.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting more money, to be honest.

Rotherham are a division higher,& were there 2 years ago,  so presumably have more cash available. So he's going there for what MIGHT happen her in 12 to 24 month's time.

He'd presumably barely heard of Bolton 15 months ago.

I'd rather eat my own arm than live near there tbh, but they probably think that of Bolton.

The Gillingham lad didn't fancy coming North ... I assume he's a Southerner so again, fair play in the end.

Barkhuien clearly prefers Derby as an option & we must assume he's had a few tap-ups and promises but it's a mad house.

Taking the 3 together is a mild concern because that could be 3 very decent options we've missed out on.

But there'll be others &, talent is vital of course  but organisation and team spirit counts for a lot. The club is pointing in the right direction, we will sign other good options.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If Rotherham offered 3 years on decent money I suppose he has to take it given his injury record, has to be all about length of contract and the £££.

Would imagine that’s all it can be really, given that we could well be swapping places with them next year, not a done deal yet anyway wouldn’t be surprised to see him stay somewhere down south 

• Site Supporter

I'd be surprised if we miss any/many more of our targets unless someone is offering stupid money.

If a young lad backs himself to be a success, we would be an excellent option.

Morley, Dapo, Santos, Johnstone and Charles will all have scouts from a higher level monitoring them. 

We are in a good place right now

He could be one injury away from his career being over, the same thing can really apply across the full spectrum of professional sports. Limited life span and not really knowing if this contract is the last.

Good luck to him. I got a lot of enjoyment out his unorthodox live-wire committed style.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Morizio said:

He could be one injury away from his career being over, the same thing can really apply across the full spectrum of professional sports. Limited life span and not really knowing if this contract is the last.

Good luck to him. I got a lot of enjoyment out his unorthodox live-wire committed style.

Also wish him well and dont buy the injury prone tag

I just think hes made a poor choice

Id be very surprised if rotherham was his best 'football' option