Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

56 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Fossey. I would like to have thought, when in a situation like this, you throw everything involved about a career move into the mix and then weigh up the best choice to make. Maybe he has, who know?. But I get the impression that money talks, and for most of us that would be enough to seduce us in to any uncomfortable bed.

I think you're right.  Years ago I expect a player would look at wages, the area, size and potential of the club etc and weigh everything up.  Nowadays, I imagine the agent shops around for the biggest payer for them and the player, then says "you're going here". 

Evatt has always maintained to prospective signings that coming to Wanderers is a project and not the finished article. Players who are up for the fight have seen that and come here for the climb, or in Rico and Dapo’s case, stayed here for that. Obviously Fossey wants money and the certainty of Championship football, albeit at a smaller club and potentially for one season, rather than enjoy the ride here. Good luck to him but to me it’s very short sighted and I think he’ll find it hard fitting into a struggling side fighting relegation next year.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

It’s a very short career. I don’t blame him if he’s gone for the better paid option; whoever it is…

except Wigan!

Yes & no.  In the case of Fossey, a player who risks injury every time he breathes, you can't blame him for taking the security of a longer contract at more money than we're offering ( + championship football, if only briefly ). I don't wish him any harm & don't blame BWFC  for not over paying for him.....move on.

but on the other hand, that cunt Connell made it clear that money was more important to him than football (or any loyalty to the club that gave him his chance ), when, longer term,playing 1st team football for us would have developed his career & earned him more money  when he was ready to move on upwards. I'm glad he's wasted 2 years, gone backwards & hope his bollocks drop off.

Come on va va you couldn’t blame the lad for going to Celtic, especially when you consider where our club was at that time. Ok it hasn’t worked out and how many players do put any kind of loyalty before money? I’d actually have liked him back here but there’s nothing to say he was someone IE would be looking for when there are more important positions to strengthen. I don’t wish the lad any ills but don’t want him to come back to haunt us by doing too well.

18 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Come on va va you couldn’t blame the lad for going to Celtic, especially when you consider where our club was at that time. Ok it hasn’t worked out and how many players do put any kind of loyalty before money? I’d actually have liked him back here but there’s nothing to say he was someone IE would be looking for when there are more important positions to strengthen. I don’t wish the lad any ills but don’t want him to come back to haunt us by doing too well.

The state of BWFC at the the time is an irrelevance when it was pure greed that took Connell to celtic where he had no chance of 1st team football, whereas he was playing 1st team football for us & was being given the chance to develop as a footballer.....but money was more important to him.

I'm glad it's turned to shit & hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his scrotum.

Club on the brink of extinction, players going on strike, no fucker getting paid and a club like Celtic come in for you. You’re going. End of (religious persuasion dependant) 

he / his family / advisor might not have dealt with it perfectly but it was what it was. Club wasn’t squeaky clean at that point either 

• Moderators

dissapointed we didn't get him, but don't blame him

he's getting Championship football and if he impresses as he did with us, he could get a move to a top end championship club in 12 months

if he signs for us he might get Championship football in 12 months, or he might not

good luck to him

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

dissapointed we didn't get him, but don't blame him

he's getting Championship football and if he impresses as he did with us, he could get a move to a top end championship club in 12 months

if he signs for us he might get Championship football in 12 months, or he might not

good luck to him

Aye, a lot of people (especially on Twitter) seem to assuming it's a foregone conclusion we're going to be promoted next season and they're going to be relegated.

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

The state of BWFC at the the time is an irrelevance when it was pure greed that took Connell to celtic where he had no chance of 1st team football, whereas he was playing 1st team football for us & was being given the chance to develop as a footballer.....but money was more important to him.

I'm glad it's turned to shit & hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his scrotum.

I like the cut of your jib. He's a cunt and so are those that advised him, as are Celtic.

8 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Rotherham have signed Cohen Bramall from Lincoln, a left back but still no confirmation of a deal on Fossey yet and Millers fans not even discussing him on their forums. Is a deal with us really dead?

And we’ve not announced Conor Bradley, doubt Fossey coming but you never know. 

Liverpool ran checks to make sure Bolton’s training standards were high and that the young defender would get everything he needed during his stay.

“We’ve become trustworthy, we’ve become a club that clearly knows and develops players and works on the four corners. We speak about the technical, tactical, physical and mental,” he said.

“It’s a huge thing for us that they’ve selected us and that’s down to our hard work behind the scenes - myself, the rest of the staff, Chris (Markham). We’ve had lots of conversations with Liverpool last season.

“Michael Edwards has even been to visit us and watch how we train and do things, which is a huge bonus for how we’re working. I’m delighted with it.”

From Iles' article