Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

So we have signed a right back from Liverpool reserves rather than Fulham's , feels like progress.

Fosseys real strength was his pace, anyone know anything about this lad, few international caps already, I would take Btech Trent Alexander. 

Happy enough with this signing, especially as it seems he may be surplus to requirements long term for them, could work out nicely if he pans out and we fancy keeping him on. Seems his contract expires end of next season and there's no suggestion he's signed a new deal before coming here.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Liverpool ran checks to make sure Bolton’s training standards were high and that the young defender would get everything he needed during his stay.

“We’ve become trustworthy, we’ve become a club that clearly knows and develops players and works on the four corners. We speak about the technical, tactical, physical and mental,” he said.

“It’s a huge thing for us that they’ve selected us and that’s down to our hard work behind the scenes - myself, the rest of the staff, Chris (Markham). We’ve had lots of conversations with Liverpool last season.

“Michael Edwards has even been to visit us and watch how we train and do things, which is a huge bonus for how we’re working. I’m delighted with it.”

From Iles' article

Developing and maintaining a decent relationship with the likes of City and Liverpool and gaining their trust that we handle players in a good way could be a major advantage for us going forward.

Having a reputation that we're a decent option for young players spreading amongst PL clubs can only be a positive thing.

8 assists in the PL2 from right back & nominated for the league's player of the season losing out to City's James McAtee which shows he's too good to be playing in the reserves now. Looks good on paper, not much to go on in the mens game but same could be said for when Fossey arrived unproven. If he does do well for us, they'll probs recall in Jan & shift him a league higher

4 hours ago, Mantra said:

Liverpool ran checks to make sure Bolton’s training standards were high and that the young defender would get everything he needed during his stay.

“i let him win at ping pong, sometimes they just need a bit of joy in their lives and between an easy win on the table and Robbie Blake giving non stop bants from the injury table it's clear to see Bolton is the place to be” Coyle said.

From Iles' article

56 minutes ago, Mantra said:

These lot are going backwards

Neighbour is a fan. He said they have had loads on loan last couple of seasons. They basically have to start again every summer and Jan.

Reminds me of us when we'd be going through players are a rate of knots. 

12 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

What makes you say that

Just how I feel about it. 

It appears he preferred Derby. With (allegedly) decent money offered. That offer was made when Kirchner was looking to buy. Now he’s gone even if they do sort a new buyer out will they want to honour that offer? Also there’s no one on the cusp of getting them. So comes a point where the player has to make a decision. There’s too many uncertainties there. 

hell wanna be sorted asap with the security of a contract. Not waiting around til whenever for something that might never materialise 

I’d say we’re at the head of those alternatives. Just a hunch… 

38 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Neighbour is a fan. He said they have had loads on loan last couple of seasons. They basically have to start again every summer and Jan.

Reminds me of us when we'd be going through players are a rate of knots. 

Noticed they have signed will vaulks who has got plenty of championship experience, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit but still, they seem like a bit of a mess from the outside.

Watch them win the league now 😂

31 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Noticed they have signed will vaulks who has got plenty of championship experience, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit but still, they seem like a bit of a mess from the outside.

Watch them win the league now 😂

Think they will be one of our promotion rivals next season but watched them in play offs and nowt special.  If get that Micheal Smith from Rovrum up front big physical team to deal with