Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

6 hours ago, Mantra said:

Noticed they have signed will vaulks who has got plenty of championship experience, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit but still, they seem like a bit of a mess from the outside.

Watch them win the league now 😂

Michael Smith to Wednesday confirmed as well now. They should be up there challenging this season with the squad they’ve got.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Is he a dull cunt like Shearer too?

Haha I like him me, nowhere near as bad a pundit as people make out. Then again I've loved him continually since 96 bar moments like winning a 6 second free kick off Jussi, and celebrating scoring past Bo Hansen like he'd just beaten Schmeichel, so I'm biased 😀

Nowt to do with us but my Goodison bothering chum tells me that Richarlison is off to Spurs and Calvert-Lewin is off too, not sure where.

For fees, but there's a sense of a fire-sale going on. The money gained is not all going to be available to Fat Frank.

Shame. 😅🤣😅🤣

• Site Supporter
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

I didn’t rate Kioso at all, personally. 

Agree with you, way overrated by our lot.

Good in the air but that’s not necessarily a great attribute for a right winger/defender.

19 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Agree with you, way overrated by our lot.

Good in the air but that’s not necessarily a great attribute for a right winger/defender.

Personally don't think he's good enough for us now never mind in Championship.  Rotherham coming back down. They were poor second half of season and lost 3 or 4 of best players since

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Traf said:

aka Fossey

Pretty much the case with all "wing-backs". I don't have a problem with it, so long as the team is set up in a way that accounts for it, and has players that will cover.

If any player is up field, they're not going to be able to immediately get back, which is true no matter what the formation nor the players within it.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Pretty much the case with all "wing-backs". I don't have a problem with it, so long as the team is set up in a way that accounts for it, and has players that will cover.

If any player is up field, they're not going to be able to immediately get back, which is true no matter what the formation nor the players within it.

It's about fluid, automatic player rotation. The wing back on one side moves upfield then the appropriate centre half covers the space he's left. Not complicated ... on paper.

I suspect the full back who stops at the half-way line disapperated a very long time ago.