Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

8 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

It’s like they have give up would of never have happened under fergie .
But thinking about united they have only ever had 2 good managers in there history unfortunately those 2 we’re pretty good 

Watched a discussion on united (by united fans actually) sorry but loved seeing them laying their shitshow bare after years of arrogance and entitlement.  The contracts offered to crap like Phil Jones and to 30 odd year old players is crazy. There has been no transfer strategy since Fergie left whereas City & Liverpool have been bob on. The Jesse Lingard farce for example. West Ham offered good money for him last season they turned it down he played in about 10 games this season and then leaves for free!

Pogba wasted £90 million on RE-SIGNING him and he goes for free. Maguire for £80 million Sancho £70 million and no idea how to use him.There are so many you forget 

It fair warmed my heart it did. 

1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Watched a discussion on united (by united fans actually) sorry but loved seeing them laying their shitshow bare after years of arrogance and entitlement.  The contracts offered to crap like Phil Jones and to 30 odd year old players is crazy. There has been no transfer strategy since Fergie left whereas City & Liverpool have been bob on. The Jesse Lingard farce for example. West Ham offered good money for him last season they turned it down he played in about 10 games this season and then leaves for free!

Pogba wasted £90 million on RE-SIGNING him and he goes for free. Maguire for £80 million Sancho £70 million and no idea how to use him.There are so many you forget 

It fair warmed my heart it did. 

Had me in tears did that :)

• Site Supporter

From a couple of Gills we met last time we were there.

"To be honest mate few eyebrows raised from gills fans that he’s gone to you lot wasn’t massively rated here , seemed very non-existent In games when he played, mind you given our situation last season was very much thrown in at the deep and given the chance to take his time he defiantly has all the tools to be a good player, great pace and very direct given the chance aswell as a couple of senior goals. Can’t really go wrong as far as I can see for you lot because if comes good , you’ve got a bargain if he doesn’t no harm done. 😂"

"Actually met him clubbing a few times , he’s a good bloke and was very respectful about the club he’s playing for and very professional . Has the right attitude in my opinion"

9 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

From a couple of Gills we met last time we were there.

"... definatly has all the tools to be a good player, great pace and very direct. "

"Actually met him clubbing a few times ..."

It's Arthur mkII who likes to go clubbing.

He just has to prove himself first. There’s no way he can just take a first team place in front of our main strikers. Just head down, prove you can do it and you’re bound to get a chance in at least the early cup games. I’m sure he knows that and still came so that shows me he’s got a good attitude so let’s hope the young man does well?

22 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Interesting it says ‘initially’ for the B team where Sitole is concerned. Didn’t see that with any of the others 

they obviously think he’s the potential to be in / around the first team.. 

It would be interesting to know how the B teamers wages compare to the lower end of the 1st team squad.  I'm guessing the likes of Thomasson, Isgrove and Nixon would probably be bottom end wage earners.  B teamers have to be on a lot less than those logically.  Which makes it surprising to me that someone with a 1st team background like Sithole has taken that option when surely he could have got a league 2 or national league contract on better wages?  

20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It would be interesting to know how the B teamers wages compare to the lower end of the 1st team squad.  I'm guessing the likes of Thomasson, Isgrove and Nixon would probably be bottom end wage earners.  B teamers have to be on a lot less than those logically.  Which makes it surprising to me that someone with a 1st team background like Sithole has taken that option when surely he could have got a league 2 or national league contract on better wages?  

Depends on what’s in the pipeline I suppose? Rather have 100% of a few hundred quid a week here in the B team than nothing anywhere else 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Weekly wage possibly similar to NL but with a nice bonus for 1st team appearances.

Getting past Charles, Dapo, Dadi, Kachunga and Baka in the pecking order will be a big ask for Sithole but it must be what he wants rather than an easy contract in L2/NL

43 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Weekly wage possibly similar to NL but with a nice bonus for 1st team appearances.

Getting past Charles, Dapo, Dadi, Kachunga and Baka in the pecking order will be a big ask for Sithole but it must be what he wants rather than an easy contract in L2/NL

If they can’t get in front of kachunga… pack the game in would be my advice. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If they can’t get in front of kachunga… pack the game in would be my advice. 

Like it or not Evatt likes him and trusts him. For me I can see Sithole replacing Amaechi as the emergency cover if one of those 5 go down injured its up to him then to show he's better than at least one of those.

Still don't get the abuse Kachunga gets, sure he can go missing here and there, but he's clearly a good footballer. 

Scored one of our better goals last year and during that period leading up to Christmas was probably our most effective forward player, can do much worse than having him as a 4th choice striker in the squad. 

He’s a decent impact sub Kacha. Not particularly any dislike towards him but very rarely effective when starting a game 

Evatt seems to rate him and see’s what he brings so that’ll do for me but would be a bit miffed if he was starting ahead of Dion, JDB or Baka