Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be happy to worry about that when/if it happens.  If an Ipswich or Sheff Wed signed Stockton I'd immediately think their chances of finishing above us had improved, I don't think they'd be concerned if they had to sign someone different if they went up.  

I don't think we can do that going off past teams who've gone up and come straight back down to L1, I'm sure IE would rather gradually build knowing we can hold our own in the higher leagues to keep the fans happy and on side.     

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Amazing. He's only 33. Should still be at Division 2 level, minimum. No lack of skill, I wonder if it's a commitment issue.

My guess, going off how I'd feel, if I'd done it in the top 2 divisions but no longer at that level, I'd rather fuck off a tough pre season at L2 and play for fun at a lower level.

Can't imagine he's short of a few quid

We've "missed" out on Tucker, Fossey, now Bark... probably a couple more too that I'm missing. That being said can't say I'm arsed about it. Tucker obviously wanted to stay down south, Fossey/Fulham/Agent pushing for more than initially agreed, Bark was pissing everybody about & probably was promised a bigger wage than Evatt was willing to give in to to. All move on now, see who pops up & fits into our philosophy. Not sure about a striker who was talked about playing as a wing back like Bark was for us.