Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Good thing about getting a player from that league now is they are midway through the season, it runs April to November from memory, so they should be match fit. 

or knackered? 😉

Anyway, is he from Derry or Londonderry? 💣
What's his view on poppy wearing? 💣

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Traf said:

or knackered? 😉

Anyway, is he from Derry or Londonderry? 💣
What's his view on poppy wearing? 💣

If their season ends before Armistice Day I guess they may never have asked the question.

But as with others before, they were only wankers when playing for others. Put them in a Wanderers shirt and it gives total immunity.

Exhibit A - El Hadji Diouf

Looks like Barnsley are losing another of their best players with one of their main scorer Carlton Morris reputed to be leaving. I genuinely don’t think Barnsley will be much of a threat to us next season as they adjust their squad.

Edited by Whitesince63

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

If their season ends before Armistice Day I guess they may never have asked the question.

But as with others before, they were only wankers when playing for others. Put them in a Wanderers shirt and it gives total immunity.

Exhibit A - El Hadji Diouf

Given Derry play in the Irish league rather than Northern Irish, I doubt it's a question that would ever be asked anyway regardless of the timing of the season.

• Site Supporter
On 04/07/2022 at 10:39, radcliffe white said:

That Irish scout thing was probably a load of bollocks 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/20258363.bolton-wanderers-boss-confirms-interest-central-defensive-target-eoin-toal/

Wanderers were alerted to Toal by former striker Eoin Doyle, who agreed to help scout the Irish league after he signed for St Patrick’s in January.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, nantwichwhite said:

Could it be capital to help pay the loans due to be paid in August. There is also one charge remaining linked with the hotel and I presume Michael James. One of the loans is from the Eddie Davies Trust is the other the Hotel one ?

The new shares are allotted as a swap for the debt. Eddie Davies trust cleared the 2.5 million debt that they were owed. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

The new shares are allotted as a swap for the debt. Eddie Davies trust cleared the 2.5 million debt that they were owed. 

That’s great but thought another due in August. So does this mean that the hotel is back on the books of FV and the charge removed. If so that is great too.

37 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

That’s great but thought another due in August. So does this mean that the hotel is back on the books of FV and the charge removed. If so that is great too.

The shares swap is for the government loan and the 4 million from the Swiss investors, perhaps the 4 million will be used to part pay of the hotel loan which needs paying back this august, which I think is 5 million loan.  

Be interesting to see who the Swiss investors are and Iles supposedly on the case.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The shares swap is for the government loan and the 4 million from the Swiss investors, perhaps the 4 million will be used to part pay of the hotel loan which needs paying back this august, which I think is 5 million loan.  

Be interesting to see who the Swiss investors are and Iles supposedly on the case.

Let's not hold our breath then 😂

3 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Good player Lawrence. Should smash it up there

287 app 53 goals (give or take)...so not that great as a striker which surprised me, as I had thought he was better then that

Edited by Wullie

• Site Supporter
On 05/07/2022 at 07:44, stevieb said:

The LOI isn't dreadful at the top end of the table but you get some utter shite bottom end. It does seem to churn out some occasional talent for lower English league and Scotland too 

I watched Derry trounce some team 7-0 near the start of their season, some decent looking players up top for them. 

Good thing about getting a player from that league now is they are midway through the season, it runs April to November from memory, so they should be match fit. 

I watched this game by accident. It was 7 - 1 against UCD. The week after they tonked Doylers St. Pats 4 - 0 away.

Like you say there's some decent players.