Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Zico said:

Barcelona paying 50m euros for a nearly 34 year old lenwandowski 

And here's me thinking they're skint 

KM0Lsml.jpg

Meanwhile 

They're telling players like De Jong they must leave as FFP means they've not been able to register new signings 

Dembele and others also had to take a pay cut

8 hours ago, barryk32 said:

I hadn't even heard of him.

Baffles me when we're linked with a player and some Rainman say "Good player him, was the number 7 who played for Crewe against us 3 years ago away."

Only knew of him due to my soft spot for Icelandic players on Footy Manager.

4 hours ago, deane koontz said:

They've lost the plot those mon. 

Apparently have raised £600 million from re mortgaging ,selling rights, Spotify sponsorship, shares etc. Proper risky stuff bur their immediate problem is FFP finance rules in La Liga. They're hoping they get special treatment as per usual but need to offload players wages like de Jong to comply. At moment can't register likes of Raphina or Lewandowski so can't play them!

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Only knew of him due to my soft spot for Icelandic players on Footy Manager.

Scored 44 goals in all comps when I lead Wolves scum to the Premier league 1 season. That's the only reason I'd heard of him

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Toal bid been accepted apparently. Medical next week 

Alway felt we have missed a trick not tapping into Irish market. Never seen this lad so no idea but feels right thing to do. Saw a b team signature was also secured yesterday from Irish league.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, tomski said:

Never seen the appeal with Barca or Real. Always preferred Atleti but Spanish football is hard to get into. It’s a bit poo. If I lived there and drunk Alhambra as a match goer I may feel different

The team I picked is Bilbao as been there, enjoyed it and I liked their basque only policy they used to have 

I also like Real, there's just something majestic about them despite being the equivalent of Utd over here 

Never been arsed about Barcelona though done a nou camp tour and it was interesting enough but not impressed by them

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The Derry manager with an eccentric way of spelling 'Rory' sounds very grumpy about it.

"Ruaidhri Higgins said he “hadn’t got a clue” whether the defender would represent the club again."

No room for "It's a great opportunity for the lad and we wish him well" down the Bogside.

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

The team I picked is Bilbao as been there, enjoyed it and I liked their basque only policy they used to have 

I also like Real, there's just something majestic about them despite being the equivalent of Utd over here 

Never been arsed about Barcelona though done a nou camp tour and it was interesting enough but not impressed by them

See. I picked A.Madrid in the 90s to be different. Going when we played them was good.

I think you make a good analogy on Real/Rags and I think it’s where my dislike comes from.

Barca again no feelings either way and would cheer Espanyol over them if I had too.

I just struggle to watch la liga and sometimes prefer french football which is a bit poo.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, tomski said:

Alway felt we have missed a trick not tapping into Irish market. Never seen this lad so no idea but feels right thing to do. Saw a b team signature was also secured yesterday from Irish league.

I'm with you. Number of team (PNE in particular) who have benefitted has been staggering.

I bet not many Forest fans had heard of that lad Keane they signed from Cobh Ramblers back in the day

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The Derry manager with an eccentric way of spelling 'Rory' sounds very grumpy about it.

"Ruaidhri Higgins said he “hadn’t got a clue” whether the defender would represent the club again."

No room for "It's a great opportunity for the lad and we wish him well" down the Bogside.

He came on after 60 mins on Friday. 

He's off and they're protecting him. 💯 

My derry mate said taking eoin toal will be an own goal... Purely because its rhymes. 

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I think we're going to need Eoin Toal to be a good un and ready-made for League One football. We still need strengthening in defence so lets hope this lad can step up to the plate quickly.

A big ask.

Let's hope & let's wish him well but it's more an A/B team buy in my eyes. I was looking for a really steady, experienced veteran. 

Markham et-al have produced some good ones, so here's hoping.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

At least his name actually fits the rhyme!

Owen Coyle, Eoin Doyle, Eoin Eoin Toal

We sang their name 

All through the game

Then they went off the boil.