Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

On 18/07/2022 at 15:17, Cheese said:

Much prefer it this way than signing a dozen players in one go. It makes a refreshing change to actually know the majority of our squad before the start of the season.

Exactly. He's strengthened certain areas & resigned Trafford. 

We were up the top of the form league post January. Could have gone up given another 10 games. One of the best transfer windows I've seen at this club since Big Sam. Evatt would be daft to disrupt that too much. 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don't think he's stolen a living, it was only the last season he was ostracised 

not sure about victimised either

aye, they wanted to move him on in the last year of his contract (after he was happy to go on loan the season before), but he wanted to sit it out, he said he wanted to fight for his place, but everyone knew he wasn't starting, so just warmed the bench with one eye on the golf course

up to him like, but he's clearly not bothered about playing at the highest level anymore, when he clearly could do, if he wanted

You may be right, but I don't see it like that. Iirc, his stats stood up, and the move against him was unwarranted, and maybe some internal politics at play. If he was confident in his ability then he has every right to fight for a place. 

Different ways to look at it- don't let the bullies win, or cut your losses and look for something else.

Ultimately, that's for him to decide.

On 18/07/2022 at 14:31, barrycowdrill said:

With Toal coming in I look at our squad now and honestly can only think of 1 position where we could strengthen and that’s DM. That’s without factoring Thomasson in 

2 or 3 options right across the park and probably only 2 of those whom I’d be a bit concerned if I saw their names on the team sheet (thomasson actually being 1) 

man for man the most rounded and complete squad we’ve had for donkeys. Would have no issue if no one else walked through the doors 

Agreed. Its the DM we need now.

On 18/07/2022 at 14:25, Deanu said:

We knew how competitive the free market would be when the summer hit, lots of teams seem to be offering decent wages out. All the talk is about Sheff Wed, Derby but Charlton look to be having a right go at the market then there's obviously Ipswich who always bring in marquee names at the level season on season. No point in us outlaying 8K on a player who may not even start, as long as we don't go into the season evidently short of depth like last season which is one thing that we do seem to have now. We'll announce Toal this week... then probably one more which will most likely be a player out the blue who just pops up on the market who catches Evatt's eye e.g Kacha last season when he just turned up on the bench for the first game unfit. 

If you are talking about Kacha, presume Kachunga, if you go on Owls Talk forum, they have a " worst player to have played for them in the last 10 years". Kachunga is in the top 10 worst players by a massive majority. Hope Mr Evatt sees his fuck up, im sure he will. Hes got alot more right than wrong. Unfortunately, moving forward, he is not up to league 1 standard, never mind the Championship.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You may be right, but I don't see it like that. Iirc, his stats stood up, and the move against him was unwarranted, and maybe some internal politics at play. If he was confident in his ability then he has every right to fight for a place. 

Different ways to look at it- don't let the bullies win, or cut your losses and look for something else.

Ultimately, that's for him to decide.

oh aye, his stats were very good, and RM were the ones who offered him the contract they did

he nearly went to china on a big money move, but RM wanted a fee, so it fell through, then he went to spurs, then he sat it out

I think it was a bit twatty from both sides to be honest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49144872

he just doesn't seem motivated by football, which is a shame for a player with such talent

• Site Supporter

The spurs thing was odd- he just didn't seem to get picked to start. Mourinho criticised him, after bringing him in. Without being there it's difficult to say what the reality was, but given JM's character, and dwindling success, I wouldn't set too much by his comments.

3 hours ago, woolli said:

If you are talking about Kacha, presume Kachunga, if you go on Owls Talk forum, they have a " worst player to have played for them in the last 10 years". Kachunga is in the top 10 worst players by a massive majority. Hope Mr Evatt sees his fuck up, im sure he will. Hes got alot more right than wrong. Unfortunately, moving forward, he is not up to league 1 standard, never mind the Championship.

Nonsense,  if you go off what fans of other  clubs think of players then you must of hated Diouf, as Liverpool fans dispised him. Kachunga isn't the best but he isn't a fuck up, I agree he doesn't look championship quality but he can do a job for us, let's judge him properly after a full preseason.

6 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Nonsense,  if you go off what fans of other  clubs think of players then you must of hated Diouf, as Liverpool fans dispised him. Kachunga isn't the best but he isn't a fuck up, I agree he doesn't look championship quality but he can do a job for us, let's judge him properly after a full preseason.

Kachunga and Diouf dont belong in the same sentence. I have never said  i despise Kachunga, nothing at all against the fella. Hes just poor, backed up by many Owls fans.  Me hating Diouf? Youve lost me with that logic?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, woolli said:

Me hating Diouf? Youve lost me with that logic?

My understanding is that your linking a poll by Sheff Wednesday fans naming Kachunga as top 10 shit players (for them) means he’s a shit player (for us)

Using similar dislike for Diouf by Liverpool doesn’t make him shit for us.

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m still hoping for another goal scoring striker, I know Evatt doesn’t feel the need for another but you can’t have enough of them. 

Not without letting one go  Shirley. 

I get 'strength in depth' but you also need your players to have a chance of selection or unrest will develop.

Either way I read that Toal meant there were 20 'of age' players in the squad so another 5 of 23+ could still be signed under EFL squad limits regulations.

10 hours ago, MickyD said:

My understanding is that your linking a poll by Sheff Wednesday fans naming Kachunga as top 10 shit players (for them) means he’s a shit player (for us)

Using similar dislike for Diouf by Liverpool doesn’t make him shit for us.

I have not seen anywhere, and any poll, that suggested Liverpool fans didnt like Diouf?

37 minutes ago, woolli said:

I have not seen anywhere, and any poll, that suggested Liverpool fans didnt like Diouf?

I don't know about specific forums with polls or threads, but I've heard from enough of them to agree that they definitely thought he was shit and many disliked him. 

1 minute ago, meanderson93 said:

I don't know about specific forums with polls or threads, but I've heard from enough of them to agree that they definitely thought he was shit and many disliked him. 

From working in Liverpool for several years, and the majority of my colleagues being Reds- the general consensus was they hated Diouf and thought he was shit, especially for the money they paid. They were surprised he did so well for us.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, woolli said:

Must be true if it's on Owls Talk. 🤦‍♂️

28 minutes ago, woolli said:

If you had a poll on here for the top 10 worst Bolton players in the last 10 years, that wouldnt be true either would it?

It is really not that hard, you seemed to be judging Kachunga based on a poll from a Shef Wednesday forum My point was that this is a pointless exercise as players will be shit for some clubs whilst excellent for others for a whole host of reasons, and I used Diouf as an example. 

Kachunga isn't the best, but he also isn't a total fuck up by Evatt as you mentioned.  Evatt seems to like him so let's give him the benefit of the doubt after a full preseason, where he is top scorer. I couldn't give a fuck what a poll on any other fan site says about him.

1 hour ago, woolli said:

Mate, you'd struggle to find a player more despised.

His record for them was piss poor and, more pertinently, he spoke out against the likes of Gerrard and Carragher.

You don't need to see any online polls, just ask a Liverpool fan.  Any Liverpool fan.

Edited by DazBob