Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Mate, you'd struggle to find a player more despised.

His record for them was piss poor and, more pertinently, he spoke out against the likes of Gerrard and Carragher.

You don't need to see any online polls, just ask a Liverpool fan.  Any Liverpool fan.

Absolutely. 

He was flamboyant, loud and didn't score many. He fellnout with the Gerrard & Carragher clique. Then he spat at Celtic (?) fans in a European match.

It was no accident that those 2, & others, gave him a very hard time in Bolton v the Scouse Shite games. Dog's abuse he got.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

His record for them was piss poor and, more pertinently, he spoke out against the likes of Gerrard and Carragher.

You don't need to see any online polls, just ask a Liverpool fan.  Any Liverpool fan.

If theres a type of player and personality that is the polar opposite to what the cult see themselves as, its Diouf.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I was hoping we would sign Hutchinson I was impressed with him when we played Wednesday last season.

Yep, I was thinking that, too.

But he obviously doesn't fit Evatt's profile and he's signed Toal instead. Somebody who he can mould into his team's style of play rather than an older experienced player whose best days are probably behind them.

35 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Plenty of time yet and places in the squad . I would think we still need a defensive midfielder .

I agree with this, I think to be a top 6 side this season we still need a 'championship level' big strong leader type DM as we will probably still get bullied by quite a few teams in this league without one IMO, and need someone who will give it back when required.

37 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

I agree with this, I think to be a top 6 side this season we still need a 'championship level' big strong leader type DM as we will probably still get bullied by quite a few teams in this league without one IMO, and need someone who will give it back when required.

Im pretty certain with MJ and Dempsey weve enough there who will stick a foot in.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, woolli said:

If you had a poll on here for the top 10 worst Bolton players in the last 10 years, that wouldnt be true either would it?

Try a Huddersfield forum  

They loved him there after he scored 12 in the championship when they got promoted 

Did 2 seasons in the PL for them too 

They'll have a different opinion I'm sure

On 20/07/2022 at 18:56, woolli said:

If you are talking about Kacha, presume Kachunga, if you go on Owls Talk forum, they have a " worst player to have played for them in the last 10 years". Kachunga is in the top 10 worst players by a massive majority. Hope Mr Evatt sees his fuck up, im sure he will. Hes got alot more right than wrong. Unfortunately, moving forward, he is not up to league 1 standard, never mind the Championship.

Markham probably brought him to IE's attention about how good Kacha was for them at Hudds & IE signed off on it due to him having higher level pedigree seeing as it was our first season back in L1. A gamble that hasn't really worked as of yet where as JDB who Millwall fans hate, is looking like a good match him being at us. It looks like Kacha is living off of one good season at Hudds where everything went right leading to that promotion to the Prem without him being able to replicate a decent season since for whatever reason. Hard to believe he was a first tier attacker yet the manager put his faith in him at Prem level when he's obviously nowhere near that standard but they must have seen something in him to give that amount of game time in such a difficult league. The problem with Kachunga is that nobody actually knows his position & he's probably on the kind of wages that a squad rotator doesn't warrant just based on him coming from a higher league at the time. He seems a good character round the dressing room, a good team mate but only shows the odd flashes here & there. He's had a proper pre season this time & only has one year left so it's make or break for him. 

For me a tall centre half who's good in the air was the biggest priority. We could not deal with the likes of Sam vokes and that Smith who's just gone to wednesday. They murdered us last season. These hoofball teams that play direct with target men cause us so many problems. I've never seen Toal play but I'm hoping he's good in the air whilst fitting in with our style of play. 

Edited by Arrested development

9 hours ago, DazBob said:

What about our own wum, @L/H White?

1 hour ago, Deanu said:

Markham probably brought him to IE's attention about how good Kacha was for them at Hudds & IE signed off on it due to him having higher level pedigree seeing as it was our first season back in L1. A gamble that hasn't really worked as of yet where as JDB who Millwall fans hate, is looking like a good match him being at us. It looks like Kacha is living off of one good season at Hudds where everything went right leading to that promotion to the Prem without him being able to replicate a decent season since for whatever reason. Hard to believe he was a first tier attacker yet the manager put his faith in him at Prem level when he's obviously nowhere near that standard but they must have seen something in him to give that amount of game time in such a difficult league. The problem with Kachunga is that nobody actually knows his position & he's probably on the kind of wages that a squad rotator doesn't warrant just based on him coming from a higher league at the time. He seems a good character round the dressing room, a good team mate but only shows the odd flashes here & there. He's had a proper pre season this time & only has one year left so it's make or break for him. 

Quite a good read. I would like Kachunga to come good, looks very good in pre season, against non league teams. We all want him to prove us wrong, If the mods put a poll on here Kachunga in or out i suspect the vote would be get rid. Unless your Cheese! Come on mods, lets have a vote!

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Black Sheep said:

See, I don't get this at all.

If we've been bullied, it's been at the back where Jones, Johnston & even Santos have been beaten by an experienced, physical attacker, when the ball gets thrown in the mixer.

Morley, Williams, Dempsey can look after themselves but we got beat a few times last season by big crosses, set pieces etc where the defence should have sorted it.

Johnston has looked more dominant in pre season but Iredale looks strong too, & I also think that's why Toal has been signed, to give us a bit more physicality at the back.

Whatever, I couldn't stomach fucking Burton getting 4 points off us again. Despite them 2 pint glasses in the away pub!

Going to Burton joins my list of sharing a hotel room with another man, drinking sambuca, and reading the comments section of the Bolton News in actions I shall never do again as long as Im on this green earth. 

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Burton is very grim

maybe it’s best being a midweek game 

We did that last season. And found out the motorway was shut only when we got to the junction. 

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Going to Burton joins my list of sharing a hotel room with another man, drinking sambuca, and reading the comments section of the Bolton News in actions I shall never do again as long as Im on this green earth. 

Won't lie, I was fucking delighted when the fixtures came out and it clashes with my honeymoon.

Knowing my luck she'll leave me at the altar and I'll be resigned to another midweek of eating in the world's worst Hungry Horse (an achievement in itself) and then not being allowed on to a terrace that I have a ticket for "because it's too full" and having to watch the game from pitch level invalid seats.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Won't lie, I was fucking delighted when the fixtures came out and it clashes with my honeymoon.

Knowing my luck she'll leave me at the altar and I'll be resigned to another midweek of eating in the world's worst Hungry Horse (an achievement in itself) and then not being allowed on to a terrace that I have a ticket for "because it's too full" and having to watch the game from pitch level invalid seats.

Afraid of typecasting? 🤣