Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

100% use the terms goat, ratio, Penaldo/Pessi, cry more etc both online in person.

A few of them are worth instant blocks for me on twitter, sure sign of a football gimp.

Haha. I think I’ve only blocked 

Thogden 

Rat face 

Man Ure 

Rio Ferdinand 

Harry Maguire

Atherton Colls (sorry)@athywhite1958

like your style Marc

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Haha. I think I’ve only blocked 

Thogden 

Rat face 

Man Ure 

Rio Ferdinand 

Harry Maguire

Atherton Colls (sorry)@athywhite1958

like your style Marc

Thats it? I'd have guessed you were into the hundreds of blocks by now 🤣 just looking at the replies to tweets from the official club page can be a goldmine of blockery.

Wanderers tweet about a players birthday and some Arsenal fan account responds about being a finished club. Why? Block.

Had to both block and mute all words associated with Boltons/Chelseas/Zenits/Rangers/Celtics biggest vlogging fan, saves me a lot of angst.

41 minutes ago, tomski said:

All bodes well.

De Jong and Rafeal Leao I’d guess.

Think it also gives the manager added confidence he is at the right club . And also the players all ready at the club to believe in what’s going on and stick with it your going to be apart of something bigger and playing with better players long term .apart from them 2 obviously 🙄 

Edited by Farnywhite

According to Jack Dearden’s twitter… I could see Sadlier leaving before the end of the window. Felt for him a little last night but Bradley’s been too good to drop. 

Ian Evatt on transfer window 
“ We need to balance the squad out,and we’ve got a lot of players at the moment”

• Moderators
1 minute ago, matty2094 said:

According to Jack Dearden’s twitter… I could see Sadlier leaving before the end of the window. Felt for him a little last night but Bradley’s been too good to drop. 

Ian Evatt on transfer window 
“ We need to balance the squad out,and we’ve got a lot of players at the moment”

Wouldn't blame Sadlier 

Finished last season well but best he can hope for is a start in the pizza cup next week

12 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Thats it? I'd have guessed you were into the hundreds of blocks by now 🤣 just looking at the replies to tweets from the official club page can be a goldmine of blockery.

Wanderers tweet about a players birthday and some Arsenal fan account responds about being a finished club. Why? Block.

Had to both block and mute all words associated with Boltons/Chelseas/Zenits/Rangers/Celtics biggest vlogging fan, saves me a lot of angst.

Ratio 🤓

I can see Sadlier and Aimson wanting regular football and moving on.  If Toal is any use, he's defensive cover.  Thomasson to go out on loan to Div 2 hopefully.

Too many other options for Sadlier and a once in a while worldie from him is not enough.  Shame as he's got talent but not sure where is best position is.  It's not RWB.   I moved from ESL to WSL next to our box for the Salford game.  Thought he had a pretty poor game.  He didn't trap a cross field pass to him in the second half and the ball went straight out of play.  Evatt through his head back in disgust and hooked him two minutes later.  Thought the writing was on the wall then.

Sadlier doesn’t fit in to our system. I know there’s an argument that we should play a system to fit the players etc, but we aren’t changing it to accommodate Afolayan as a winger so the same applies to Sadlier really. Isgrove returning to fitness should provide ample cover and there’s not a prayer Sadlier could match Isgrove’s work rate playing there.

I’d like to think Aimson will stick around as Evatt has done a fair amount of rotation and, with three centre backs, there’s an extra spot to fight for compared to a lot of other teams. I was under the impression that Toal was signed initially for the B team but will be interesting to see how he progresses. 

My concern with losing Sadlier (without knowing who potential replacements are) is that its another potential goalscorer gone.  We relied massively on Dapo last season, certainly in the first half, and with his new role he no longer seems to be the go-to scorer, he's hardly had a shot this season.  Sadlier looks like the best at shooting from edge of box range to me, top quality for this level.  And arguably the best crosser.  I don't know what the answer is because Bradley will start every game, I just don't like to see goalscorers/creators leave cheaply when they are so hard to find.  But if I was him I'd leave for a club that will give him games.

Sadlier can only score if he plays and that’s the point. He isn’t. 

Sadlier & Thomasson would be my guesses. Evatt talks about balancing the squad. Reading between the lines now we have Isgrove back we’re right side heavy. Sadlier and Thomasson going out potentially frees up a spot and money for an MJ back up.. 

I know Aimson has been asking about game time and that might lead to a chance for him to go. However, big pressure on Toal to step in as the 4th choice CB 

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Sadlier can only score if he plays and that’s the point. He isn’t. 

Sadlier & Thomasson would be my guesses. Evatt talks about balancing the squad. Reading between the lines now we have Isgrove back we’re right side heavy. Sadlier and Thomasson going out potentially frees up a spot and money for an MJ back up.. 

I know Aimson has been asking about game time and that might lead to a chance for him to go. However, big pressure on Toal to step in as the 4th choice CB 

I prefer to see it as ‘first reserve CB’. With the amount of injuries, bans and just general rotation, that player will still play plenty of games. 

• Site Supporter

Each to their own but Sadlier has hardly played, but seems to have a higher goalscoring rate than Kachunga, and looks more threatening generally. Kacha had a decent spell last season, but still seems a bit of a tart when it gets physical.

Obviously, we don't see them in training, but we do see them when it matters and that's on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Each to their own but Sadlier has hardly played, but seems to have a higher goalscoring rate than Kachunga, and looks more threatening generally. Kacha had a decent spell last season, but still seems a bit of a tart when it gets physical.

Obviously, we don't see them in training, but we do see them when it matters and that's on the pitch.

Problem is I don’t think we’re in any position to subsidise wages. Where kachunga is concerned he appears to be on decent money so willing takers at his alleged money are going to be few and far between

even if they pay say 50% it doesn’t leave much wiggle room for us to bring higher calibre in 

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

I really like Sadlier. Have him above a fair few who'd I'd rather get shut of

I'm in that camp too.  He's such a versatile attacker not dissimilar to Dapo in that respect as he can play in several positions.  I'd find him a place every game, at least from the bench for minimum half hour, not 10 minutes when the game's over.