Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

23 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Was told today Karacan whilst turning out for Radcliffe is doing a bit of scouting for a couple of clubs but Millwall mainly. Was due at ours today to report on Thomasson. His injury obviously knocked it on the head but interesting that there’s eyes on him 

They just need his win percentage. That is how young players should be judged

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Kane57 said:

We only pay more if he doesn't play. We pay a fraction, if he does

It's like the opposite of the mythical pay as you play deal 

Need a team of loanees and slash that wage bill 

• Moderators

Isgrove is now probably number 3 rwb, so decent call, but i dont think many will take a chance on him until he gets a dozen games under his belt

Kachunga prob needs a fresh start

Sadlier, maybe oxford, or cambridge, or lancaster

37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why would we get rid? He wouldn’t demand a fee and we haven’t got a direct replacement, what is your rationale for thinking it?

I just get the sense Evatt wants more agility from our midfielders if we're to progress and he's being phased out (he seems to have fallen behind Thomasson in the pecking order and still isn't starting now Thomasson's out injured).

He's also out of contract and I think is unlikely to be offered an extension so a free transfer might offer him an opportunity to find first-team football and could offer free up money to sign a replacement.

Watch him sign a new deal now I've posted that!

9 hours ago, Blondi said:

Sadlier, Kachunga & Isgrove are the likely exits in January IMO.

Isgrove is, maybe, surplus to requirements but don't forget he's 3rd choice because one is here on loan. No-one will offer him a contract till his fitness is proven.

Kachunga, I never quite saw the point of him tbh, but he's reputed to be one of our higher paid players. Who'd take him ?

Sadlier, agreed. Given Evatt’s preferred formation where was he ever going to fit in ? He'd go down as an 'if only' player. He's down ability but only rarely gets a chance.

There's John, too. There's been a fallout in his case. He's tapped up by a Wrexham full of cash & he could come here to find there are more Welsh speakers at Bolton than in Wxm. We'd be the 3rd or 4th club where he's arrived, settled, look good but then be isolated. We must assume he's not easy to manage.

Dixon should go once we find a replacement. Not that keeper identification is an Evatt strength. Trafford won't stop unless we go up & there are no end of capable older pro's who do a very decent job. Obviously end of season is more likely but could you imagine going into play-offs & finding we need our reserve keeper for some reason & it being Dixon ?

We won't piss off Liverpool over Beck but he's miles short of Bradley.

MJ's going nowhere unless a vg offer comes in.

To be fair to Evatt his 2 January windows here have been tremendous but can he do that again ? A loan of a good promising striker could help us with those goals we're shy of. I expected a big, brutal, experienced c/h to join Santos but feel IE will suggest Toal can be that.

I DO fear we may lose Dapo due to lack of games and his obvious strength not fitting the Evatt way. Only for a significant fee mind, & after a replacement striker is found. That could keep him until Summer when it'll be new contract or off.

No way will Evatt get rid of Kachunga, he values him too much both on and off the field. Most likely leavers are John obviously, Baka, Sadlier and I still think Aimson. Isgrove has to prove he’s fit first but will probably go in the summer. Personally I’d also add Dempsey to the list of movers on because he just seems to add very little when he plays.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Look at the performances early doors.

Dempsey heavily involved in all aspects including scoring.

The cross at the death for Kachunga was by him. He contributes plenty.

Not for me Jacket, we can all pick out one or two moments for any player but I don’t think he’s what I expected. Obviously it’s what Evatt sees that counts.

11 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

No issues with Dempsey other than keeping him injury free 

Not knocking the lad but maybe I expected something different. I thought he’d be more of a tough tackling, influential midfielder but that’s obviously not what he is. Like you say maybe when he’s fully fit and gets a proper run I’ll see a difference.