Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Must admit, I thought we were going to see far more from Dempsey. Maybe it’s the constant injuries and being in and out of the side, but I just don’t think he adds very much the majority of the time.

I think there’s probably a player in there, but he’s nowhere near my initial thinking of joining Morley in a settled midfield partnership (or nailing down the no. 10 spot if that’s his preferred position).

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Must admit, I thought we were going to see far more from Dempsey. Maybe it’s the constant injuries and being in and out of the side, but I just don’t think he adds very much the majority of the time.

I think there’s probably a player in there, but he’s nowhere near my initial thinking of joining Morley in a settled midfield partnership (or nailing down the no. 10 spot if that’s his preferred position).

Dempsey is just not doing it and couldn’t lace Isgrove boots and people are saying we should get rid of Isgrove in the window

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Dempsey is just not doing it and couldn’t lace Isgrove boots and people are saying we should get rid of Isgrove in the window

Agree that he’s not doing it but not sure of the comparison to Isgrove. 2 very different players who play in different positions - I’m not sure getting rid of either would impact any decision on the other. 

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Isgrove couldn't lace Isgrove's boots without injuring himself. The two play in completely different positions anyway so it's a daft comparison.

Isgrove is going nowhere, unless it's out on loan until the end of the season, due to his injury problems.

Dempsey has yet to impress.  There's undoubtedly a player there but he's not had a long enough run in the team yet to establish himself due to injuries.

Football is a game of opinions I rate Dempsey injuries haven’t helped and IE constantly changing the team doesn’t help either I would like to see him play alongside Morley for a run of games to form a partnership and then I am sure we will see how good he can be.

18 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Baka's rumoured to be considering leaving according to the BN.

Did very well last season but much less effective this. He'd go with his reputation increased and on good terms, I'd like to think we could get an upgrade too. 

Dixon, Aimson, MJ, Lee, Sheehan, Isgrove, Bakayoko, Bodvarsson, Kachunga all out of contract in the summer. Who would you keep?

Aimson, Bodvarsson, MJ for me. I wouldn't be averse to extensions for Lee and Sheehan too. 

Edited by jmjhb

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Dixon, Aimson, MJ, Lee, Sheehan, Isgrove, Bakayoko, Bodvarsson, Kachunga all out of contract in the summer. Who would you keep?

Aimson, Bodvarsson, MJ for me. I wouldn't be averse to extensions for Lee and Sheehan too. 

Can see MJ JDB and EK being offered new.. possibly LI (as he'll be on peanuts wages amd is a handy player) but he was one of the few remaining league 2 rebuild squad we had, who were bought in to steady the ship. 

Reckon Lee might be hitting that point of "if fitness allows".. decent player but you know he's coming off at 70 mins.. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Dempsey is a vg player at this level. But injuries & illness have been almost constant for him since arriving.

Is there still a potential assault charge hanging over him ?

He needs a run ... & to lose that fvkg stupid, & unnecessary, Alice Band.

I'm sure injuries don't help, but I think its also something to hide behind.  JDB has been injured on and off since he came, Sheehan has had a long term injury, Baka has had a lot of injuries, but whether we rate those players or not they are judged on what they produce and I can see the qualities on the ball all 3 have.  With Dempsey, I'm not sure what he's supposed to add, there's nothing he does that others don't do better.

5 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Did very well last season but much less effective this. He'd go with his reputation increased and on good terms, I'd like to think we could get an upgrade too. 

Same as Charles, Dapo, Kachunga and JDB really.  It can't all be down to individuals just having poor seasons, and even if it is I think its difficult to judge if Baka has got worse when he's only started 5 league games.  Charles started 7 in October!