Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, bwfc87 said:

Declan John back in? Save the budget for what we really need, ready made for our LWB position.

5 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I think this gives John a way back in, IF he hasn't burned his bridges, don't think Beck is the answer.

I thought DJ would be gone soon as the window opened, but in any case, there was already a way back when we resorted to starting Sadlier at LWB but he was nowhere to be seen

I'd be amazed if he plays again this season, but, it woudn't be a bad thing if both he and IE were up for it 

Can see Geth filling n at LWB like he did when he came on last match, he ain't removing Toal or Bradley so Evatt may use this as a chance to let Geth back into the XI. Can't see John playing for us again & Sads may make one last sub app before he's out the door too. Beck should be ready by now, he's been her a while but just hasn't really done anything so if he's not ready to step up now then it's just a waste of a loan spot

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Can see Geth filling n at LWB like he did when he came on last match, he ain't removing Toal or Bradley so Evatt may use this as a chance to let Geth back into the XI. Can't see John playing for us again & Sads may make one last sub app before he's out the door too. Beck should be ready by now, he's been her a while but just hasn't really done anything so if he's not ready to step up now then it's just a waste of a loan spot

Thing is, it’s not just filling in, it’s another 22 games till the end of the season.

We need a replacement or DJ to reconcile asap. Beck’s not yet good enough and Jones will be exposed as discussed previously by @Leyther_Matt.

Priority now this.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Seems lunacy that we have someone who played well in that position last year, and has been frozen out. 

10 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Seems lunacy that we have someone who played well in that position last year, and has been frozen out. 

Theirs obviously reasons why he as been frozen out by Evatt. It will all be revealed eventually.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Personally rather have a right footed player at wing back than left sided centre half. Takes a large part of the pitch out of the equation when you’re asking them to play out. Only takes a side 2 minutes to click on and you’re bang under pressure 

Iredale is more of a centre half- much prefer a left footer there than Jones. The latter has been found wanting on the odd time he's been at rwb this season, so to play him on the wrong side against the leaders is one hell of a risk.

Of course Beck could go there, but Evatt doesn't seem to want to play him.

26 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Yeah, he was our top assister last season weren't he? He has some iffy games whilst not being the most reliable in terms of fitness but when he's fully fit in form he's a very good attacking wing back at this level. 

36 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Thing is, it’s not just filling in, it’s another 22 games till the end of the season.

We need a replacement or DJ to reconcile asap. Beck’s not yet good enough and Jones will be exposed as discussed previously by @Leyther_Matt.

Priority now this.

I think it'll just be for Saturday with Geth then we'll address the LWB role by bringing somebody in. I hope DJ does get a chance to find his way back but if it's a proper fallout behind the scenes then it's just not likely. Beck just seemed like a sweetener to keep Bradley for the full season, thought it was strange how he'd not played one game in the loan that he'd been recalled from to come to us.

I don't think Beck is good enough or has done enough to convince Evatt that he's worthy of more game time. Clearly Dec John is out of the picture. If this guy can be the attacking wing back option to go along with the steady option of Iredale Im happy with that. 

Edit. Didn't realise Iredale was out for so long. Hopefully this guy can slot straight in.

Edited by Arrested development

• Site Supporter

I like Evatts comments about trying to recreate on the left, what Bradley offers us on the right.

And I know DJ has done this previously, but it’s not happening, the sooner folk accept this the better, we move on, let’s look forward to what this lad is going to do, not backwards.

“He’s a player we have admired for a long time who offers some serious blistering pace down that left-hand side and that kind of attacking prowess that Conor (Bradley) does for us on the right.“