Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, DaveTheRave said:

His Wikipedia page actually says..on loan at Bolton Wanderers we wish.

So don't think that's an official confirmation.

It also says 

Carlos Roberto Forbs Borges (born 19 March 2004) is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays as a winger for Manchester City.[1] Joined on loan to Bolton Wanderers in January 2023.he is gonna take the whites to promotion

I think this may be a red herring

26 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Southampton fan at work (none season ticket holder) on our new lad. ‘Big lad, with decent feet. Not good enough for prem and he did well out on loan at cheltenham’.

Has he ever seen him ?

What size are his feet ?

Is he also not good enough for the Championship ?

What colour boots does he wear on these 'decent feet' ?

28 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Southampton fan at work (none season ticket holder) on our new lad. ‘Big lad, with decent feet. Not good enough for prem and he did well out on loan at cheltenham’.

He's listed at 6ft 1in so he's not super tall but if he can deal with some direct stuff better than bod does or Baka did, then I think he will be perfect for playing with Dion. 

It sounds like thats his game so let's hope he's a kind of league 1 Juke 

50 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

New owner got a few quid?

Yeah, they’ve already made five signings so far this window, they’re not messing about. Paying some big wages apparently.

Wouldn’t be a shock to see Sadlier go there to be perfectly honest. They’d certainly be able to match his current wage.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, tomski said:

Good move all round if you factor in i am not bothered about The player or Gillingham

Good to see you yesterday pal - was good up there in Definitely Maybe

Agree with your sentiments on Sadlier and Gillingham. He was awful on Tuesday. While I know he has occasionally shown glimpses of quality, I think we are looking to upgrade with forward players/wing backs or wherever his best position is.

I’d wish him well, but as we are finding out like Rotherham did, when your aspirations are promotion/championship I think he falls short. Think he’d do well at Gillingham 

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Good to see you yesterday pal - was good up there in Definitely Maybe

Agree with your sentiments on Sadlier and Gillingham. He was awful on Tuesday. While I know he has occasionally shown glimpses of quality, I think we are looking to upgrade with forward players/wing backs or wherever his best position is.

I’d wish him well, but as we are finding out like Rotherham did, when your aspirations are promotion/championship I think he falls short. Think he’d do well at Gillingham 

Likewise mate. I was becoming mildly addicted to that table game they had up there thinking I was part of the British aristocracy. They’ve done a good job in there. 

Yeah agree on all that. Never takes his chance for me and isn’t up to it. When Gillingham and Tranmere are sniffing it tells you all you need to know. 

The position thing is strange is telling as it’s gone exactly the same here as it has Rotherham.

• Site Supporter

A bit much expecting a player to be perfect when given the odd start, and being out of position. 

He's no more a wing back than Dapo is a centre forward.

He's done very well generally when coming on, but clearly isn't going to get into a preferred position. On that basis can understand if he goes.

5 hours ago, tomski said:

Likewise mate. I was becoming mildly addicted to that table game they had up there thinking I was part of the British aristocracy. They’ve done a good job in there. 

Yeah agree on all that. Never takes his chance for me and isn’t up to it. When Gillingham and Tranmere are sniffing it tells you all you need to know. 

The position thing is strange is telling as it’s gone exactly the same here as it has Rotherham.

Totally agree. 

It makes sense for us to clear some space and take on loans. 

That way we've freed up some squad places so that we can sign better players when we get promoted as opposed to trying to wing it (get it) with players like Sadlier, Dapo, Bakayoko etc in the Championship. 

Getting promoted might also be a good way of retaining Trafford, Bradley etc. 

It might just tempt them. Would it? 

• Moderators
On 14/01/2022 at 14:46, Marc505 said:

I assumed it would be an African player with Evatt saying he's away on international "camp" (not "duty", which sounds like a clue). Iceland are playing some games at the moment, and the rumour is it's Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, 1 goal 2 assists in 38.

I think this is the first mention of dadi on here

I wasnt overly excited

Suffice to say, id have his kids now

But, im posting in case you havent seen this

Top footballer, top bloke