Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I can't find where I saw us linked firstly, but I believe it was from some Chesterfield fan site claiming that we were in for Tshimanga. 

I'd be very happy with that, lad is quick, powerful and has an outrageous return even for that level. 

I'd still think if he was to come in we now need another still to replace Bod, ideally a similar target/pivot type. 

11 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I can't find where I saw us linked firstly, but I believe it was from some Chesterfield fan site claiming that we were in for Tshimanga. 

I'd be very happy with that, lad is quick, powerful and has an outrageous return even for that level. 

I'd still think if he was to come in we now need another still to replace Bod, ideally a similar target/pivot type. 

I could see us back in for Stockton at this rate… not sure I’d be massively excited by it but wouldn’t surprise me. 

Just now, burnden said:

With JDB being out til the end of the season injured and being out of contract in June 2023 would you re sign him?

I’d wait to see how the surgery settles but would give him something next season no matter what. With injury record it would be lower base salary and higher appearance fee based though. 

• Site Supporter

Stockton really isn’t the answer.

I have a friend who has a season ticket at Morecambe, I know, and he said last year was just freaky because everything that he hit went into the net.

He doesn’t really rate him and that’s being proven by this season’s figures.

We probably need a young loanee and one that’s more established but Stockton doesn’t fit Evatt’s style of play.

2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Stockton really isn’t the answer.

I have a friend who has a season ticket at Morecambe, I know, and he said last year was just freaky because everything that he hit went into the net.

He doesn’t really rate him and that’s being proven by this season’s figures.

We probably need a young loanee and one that’s more established but Stockton doesn’t fit Evatt’s style of play.

I agree … never been a Stockton fan, wasn’t great at several clubs before the 1-2 decent seasons and has downed tools since he didn’t get his move. 

Let’s hope we (the fans) give him a chance - only young so big question will be whether he can cope with the physical side of league one defences.

We must be doing something right though.  Who would have thought 2 years ago that three top premier league teams would trust us with development of their top young talent.

Edited by Bertie

Looking forward to this. If Evatt can get him to be even half as productive as Bradley and Trafford have been in their respective positions he’ll be a real asset.  I remember when I saw Dapo come on for his debut (had never seen him before) and we had been awful most of that first half of the season and he took a touch and did a 1-2 down the line and I thought oh s**t we have a player here… just the way he took the touch and his movement … instantly looked a level above. This guy has unbelievable technique and touch…(for this level anyway)… may need a few games to adjust but I think he could have that same impact. Well fingers crossed anyway! 

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He seems to be highly rated at United, and apparently by Ten Hag himself, which is encouraging.

It looks like he might've spent the majority of his young career on the wing but I'm wondering if we've signed him primarily as an option at No. 10?

Yeah. He played as a 10 in the JPT against us didn’t he? Didn’t do a lot but we overran the whole team that day… not much he could do about that.