Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

25 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Hope this is not the exciting signing Evatt was going on about, bit underwhelming if so.

Why is it underwhelming? we have secured an exciting prospect who is knocking on the door of the first team of a top 6 Premier league club, who looks to be able to play across the front line.

OK it's not permanent,  but anyone of similar age at a similar club we could sign is likely not in the same level.

Edited by CambridgeBWFC
Spelling

1 minute ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Why is it underwhelming, we have replaced secured an exciting prospect who is knocking on the door of the first team of a top 6 Premier league club, who looks to be able to play across the front line.

OK it's not permanent,  but anyone of similar age at a similar club we could sign is likely not in the same level.

Underwhelming to the point of Evatt made out it was a big name player, I get we ain't swimming in the same pool as the Ipswich's of this league, but we should be able to attract known players.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Underwhelming to the point of Evatt made out it was a big name player, I get we ain't swimming in the same pool as the Ipswich's of this league, but we should be able to attract known players.

Look, you know we arent fishing in the same pond as ipswich

Wjo the fuck do you expect us to sign

Cba seeing who theyve signed for a million but ill bet youve never heard of him

7 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

IIRC he said exciting prospect or signing (something like that), not a big name player

Edited by Gonk

8 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

How many of the players have you known that evatt has brought in over the last 2 years before they signed for us?

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Such as?

• Site Supporter

I'd wager not a single Bolton fan had heard of Conor Bradley or James Trafford before we loaned them - nor Dapo for that matter. Apart from Keiran Lee, I can't think of another Evatt signing that was "well known" before he signed them. He clearly doesn't give a fuck about 'names', and rightly so.

Edited by Cheese

8 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Define a big name player that you think we could sign in league 1? Attract known players… he’s been voted into the Nxtgen top 50 worlds best players under 19, he’s won the fa youth cup, he won the youth team player of the year award at United the year before Garnacho (I think) and there’s some mega names that have won that, he’s played in the prem at 17 and is Uniteds youngest ever player to play in Europe. He’s pretty well known for an 18 year old in world football. I know all that doesn’t mean he necessarily will be a success but not sure what level of player you think we should be attracting?? As youth player loans go this is a coup. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Stevowanderer said:

Define a big name player that you think we could sign in league 1? Attract known players… he’s been voted into the Nxtgen top 50 worlds best players under 19, he’s won the fa youth cup, he won the youth team player of the year award at United the year before Garnacho (I think) and there’s some mega names that have won that, he’s played in the prem at 17 and is Uniteds youngest ever player to play in Europe. He’s pretty well known for an 18 year old in world football. I know all that doesn’t mean he necessarily will be a success but not sure what level of player you think we should be attracting?? As youth player loans go this is a coup. 

He looks like a proper no. 10, which, despite some thinking, we don’t have.

Lee is an 8, Sadlier is nearly gone. Dapo gone, Kachunga not up to it.

We’ve nothing to lose, lad seems quick thinking, can pass and shoot.

Stronger no. 9 to come in and we’ll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Stevowanderer said:

this lad might be superb but I’ve watched a good few clips and I’m not convinced he’s what we need and it’s another one we won’t be in a position to sign, anyhow have to trust Evatt he’s earned that trust. Let’s hope it’s an other plum signing he’s pulled off. 

If this signing is a view of either him or Mc Neil coming for another season next year i am for it

Think Liam Delap is also on that list at 23 he has about 3 goals in 25 in the Championship this season.

The top 3 clubs in the N/W trust us with there BEST youngsters got to be a positive.

Edited by masi 51

2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

He looks like a proper no. 10, which, despite some thinking, we don’t have.

Lee is an 8, Sadlier is nearly gone. Dapo gone, Kachunga not up to it.

We’ve nothing to lose, lad seems quick thinking, can pass and shoot.

Stronger no. 9 to come in and we’ll be fine.

Agree 100%. Lee can kind of play 10 but like you said more of an 8. I think technique wise he’ll be better than anyone we currently have but need to see if he steps up physically… off the ball etc. 

5 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

If this signing is a view of either him or Mc Neil coming for another season next year i am for it

Think Rory Delap is also on that list at 23 he has about 3 goals in 25 in the Championship this season.

The top 3 clubs in the N/W trust us with there BEST youngsters got to be a positive.

Rory Delap?

Shite long-throw merchant