Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If both these two new strikers arrive, then Dan is not likely to get too much time once fit.

Tbf Evatt has always said he expects the forwards in this system to work so hard they need changing after 60 minutes or so, having 4 options makes sense if that is the case. 

55 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Got scoffed at months back suggesting we needed some experience, not the evatt way  bollocks spouted back 

Not sure you did mate?

Last week you mentioned Bob Taylor and the likes, this would certainly fit that bill. Would be a great signing.

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not sure you did mate?

Last week you mentioned Bob Taylor and the likes, this would certainly fit that bill. Would be a great signing.

This is going back further mate

Few saying evatt should be pushing on with young lads, need a good mix imo and these experienced lads will only be on shorter deals works well 

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

This is going back further mate

Few saying evatt should be pushing on with young lads, need a good mix imo and these experienced lads will only be on shorter deals works well 

Ah right, well your bang on anyway ya big pink :D

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Stevowanderer said:

There’s a few rumours it’s George Johnston to Stoke. I wasn’t that bothered about Dapo because of our formation etc but I think Johnston would be a huge loss unless it’s a really good offer. 

@RUREADY2MOAN will be driving him to Stoke if that’s the case.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Must admit, Jerome rumour doesn't enthuse me, but the Cunningham analogy occurred to me too.

We'll see.

Luton fans seem to really like him still. A lot saying they don’t want him to leave. Even at 36 he’s still pretty quick. Nlundulu, Charles, Adeboyejo, Jerome is a massively improved frontline from where we started the season although I wish Bodvarsson was still fit.

I desperately don’t want to lose Johnston though unless we can unearth a left footed Toal. Aimson makes more sense to me… 6 months left, has been in and out of the team and performances in recent weeks have probably meant we can get 100-200k for him. Whereas before this run we’d have probably got no fee. If Johnston is going to a team like Stoke (I’ve seen West Brom linked too) then it would have to be 7 figures for me… with his age, the fact he’s a left footed cb and the team/s interested. Makes no sense to sell for less. Dapo wasn’t in the best form and out of position in a system that didn’t suit him. Johnston has been one of our best players this season and it isn’t easy to find good left footed centre backs.

Edited by Stevowanderer

Stoke scouts were at the Plymouth game a couple of week back watching Johnstone 

Exeter were in for Aimson a couple of weeks back too and he’s not really arsed about where he goes as long as he’s playing 

there’ll be a lot down our place keeping tabs on players. Karacan is / was tracking Thomasson before his injury for Millwall