Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

If he is a 3rd tier player with 6 months left and it's Exeter we're not getting anything significant.

Johnson, in the current situation, we should be keeping, until May anyway.

If we keep Johnston until May then he’s into his last year of his contract and his value starts to reduce (unless he signs another contract). When you consider that prices are also inflated in the January window, you’d have to assume that there’s a thought in Evatt/Markham’s mind as to whether we maximise value now.

There are obviously other factors; a replacement would likely be an inflated price if we were to buy; if we don’t replace then we reduce the chances of getting promoted; whether he would sign a new contract in the summer (which would likely make him worth more - especially if we get promoted), but I can see why it wouldn’t be a flat out no just based on the contract situation.

Personally I’m not his biggest fan, I do think he’s massively improved this year to be fair but I think he’s been overhyped a bit and is the weakest of the 3 in a defence including Toal and Santos. That said, I’d rather us keep him and he signs a new contract, but I wouldn’t be gutted if we did get good money for him and Evatt has a decent replacement in mind.

Weird how football works out, Jerome always seemed destined to join us but Brum wanted about £576M for him didn't they. Anyway he'd be a great signing for anybody at L1 level even at 36, just his IQ & link up play up top will do us the world of good. We have a very, very young squad which is great but definitely in need of a few experience heads to help guide them along to get a good mix. 

Can see a bit of a revolving door for another year or 2 yet. Not in terms of panic like we’ve had before but clearly a number of our players are on the radar 

If this squad was languishing near the bottom there might be a player or 2 out of form that others see potential in. As it stands they’re getting admiring glances because of how they’re playing both collectively and as individuals 

victims of our own “success” if you like 

1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

Poor if aimison is let go we have looked more solid since he came in to the back 3  . Santos has lapses of concentration Johnston improving all the time but not as physically strong and leaves us with no cover don’t think he as ever let us down when played 

Careful santos walks on water on wanderersways 

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Poor if aimison is let go we have looked more solid since he came in to the back 3  . Santos has lapses of concentration Johnston improving all the time but not as physically strong and leaves us with no cover don’t think he as ever let us down when played 

Iredale seems more of a natural centre half. Aimison a better defender than Santos but he creates so much when bringing the ball out of defence, makes us tick.

3 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

Iredale seems more of a natural centre half. Aimison a better defender than Santos but he creates so much when bringing the ball out of defence, makes us tick.

See, I actually think we play much more effective football out from the back when Santos doesn't play. That carrying out from the back he does causes the game to slow down too often and the opposition gets set into it's low block, Aimson moves it either to wide channels or through the midfield and we transition quicker.