Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Can only think amison pushed for the move himself doesn’t make sense from our side we know he is reliable and can come in when called on to do a good job  now needs replacing with a back up . says in the Exeter interview it’s a lovely place to live so may be family connections still down there from Plymouth days ? 

Bod is injured and out of contract at the end of the season

Jerome I suspect would be willing to do the same job he's been doing a league above - be a god option to bring on in the second half

Kacha offers the option of playing deeper if needed and is unlikely to raise any complaint ovr not starting

Charles and Ade will probably be the starting two, with Big Dan keeping them honest

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Dunno how IE is going to keep all these front men happy

Charles

Bod

Nlundulu

Adeboyejo

Jerome

Katchunga

Better than being short up top i s’pose.

Bod's season has ended.

Charles and Adeboyejo obvious starters. Kachunga knows he's a back up/late sub, and Jerome will be much the same. Nlundulu is only on loan.

A bit of competition for places is always a good thing, as we've seen with our centre backs over the last couple of months.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Dunno how IE is going to keep all these front men happy

Charles

Bod

Nlundulu

Adeboyejo

Jerome

Katchunga

Better than being short up top i s’pose.

Bar bod it means we can go back to bringing on several attack minded subs per game again if required 

5 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Bod is injured and out of contract at the end of the season

Jerome I suspect would be willing to do the same job he's been doing a league above - be a god option to bring on in the second half

Kacha offers the option of playing deeper if needed and is unlikely to raise any complaint ovr not starting

Charles and Ade will probably be the starting two, with Big Dan keeping them honest

I really hope we offer him another contract though, irrespective of the new signings, he's quality.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I really hope we offer him another contract though, irrespective of the new signings, he's quality.

Agree.

Big Dan may or may not be a success- he's not likely to be first pick even when fit.

Interesting that we went with 1 striker today, with Shoretire in behind. A subtle change for away games maybe?

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Evatt saying a few things still to happen in this window.

I reckon:

MJ or Sheehan out

John to surprise and stay put

CM and CB in - one a loan

Potentially Isgrove to leave but I think he’ll be seen as RWB cover.

Now sads has gone, there's only really Jones and Isgrove that can cover RWB and Jones will be needed to cover CB quite often as it stands. 

I think Lloyd needs first team football but we deffo need another option at RWB or CB to free up Jones to cover Bradley or to directly cover Bradley. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Evatt saying a few things still to happen in this window.

I reckon:

MJ or Sheehan out

John to surprise and stay put

CM and CB in - one a loan

Potentially Isgrove to leave but I think he’ll be seen as RWB cover.

Sounds Like Evatt and Declan John have kissed and made up 

Given his prolonged absence it equates to a new signing and if he plays like he did second half yesterday happy days 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23283579.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-explains-declan-john-charlton-return/

2 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Now sads has gone, there's only really Jones and Isgrove that can cover RWB and Jones will be needed to cover CB quite often as it stands. 

I think Lloyd needs first team football but we deffo need another option at RWB or CB to free up Jones to cover Bradley or to directly cover Bradley. 

Yo be honest Bradley will get a two game ban at some time - he’s on 9 bookings and cut off is mid March 

13 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Yo be honest Bradley will get a two game ban at some time - he’s on 9 bookings and cut off is mid March 

Assuming no injuries, if/when Bradley is suspended I would say: 

Jones Toal Santos Johnston John

Isgrove as additional cover on the right and Williams on the left. Barring a couple of lengthy injuries, I’m fairly happy with the defensive situation.

Need a new CB as backup for Toal-Rico-GJ. Geth can be the main backup RWB for Bradley and obv can cover anywhere along the back if needed. Don't think Sheehan fits in this formation so could see him going out on loan in exchange for somebody more all round suited to a Morley-Dempsey backup. If DJ is staying then him & Randell covering that spot should be good enough. Maybe a backup GK so we don't have to call upon Dixon if anything happened to Traff but we always take that gamble so that ain't happening. Isgrove out on loan to L2, everytime he tries coming back it puts him back out for another 3 months... good lad but may aswell go get games to put himself in the window for a club to take on in the summer.