Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Assuming no injuries, if/when Bradley is suspended I would say: 

Jones Toal Santos Johnston John

Isgrove as additional cover on the right and Williams on the left. Barring a couple of lengthy injuries, I’m fairly happy with the defensive situation.

Add Iredale in as well, presume he can cover LWB and left of the 3

If we can get that Alfie Devine in on loan, ship out Sheehan or MJ and if possible get someone to cover CB then I think it will have been a massively successful window.

Even if we don't do any more business, still a good window. Remains to be seen how bad Johnston's injury is though.. and Shoretire.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

If we’re so stuck for central defender back up after Wills move why not bring Senior back from his loan spell? Other than that don’t we have anyone in the B Team that can step in and if not what are they there for?

It’s supposed to be a pathway for our younger players and cheaper players we decide to take a risk on. They are on low wages so we only need a few players to make it up to the first team or be sold in the next few years for it to pay for itself entirely. It doesn’t mean that every one in the B team will be good enough or any will be for that matter. Khumbeni looks decent and Carty is a good finisher but no idea if they will make the step up though. I wouldn’t be taking a risk on promoting a young cb as cover when we are still in the mix for playoffs/promotion though. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Another young player we've been linked with is John O'Donovan at Cork City - Doyler's been working overtime and if this kid is anything like Toal he's done a cracking job. Maybe a B team prospect ATM though.

Went watching Cork City on one of my frequent trips to that city. At best I’d put them at below 4th division standard so unless they uncovered a rough diamond I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Went watching Cork City on one of my frequent trips to that city. At best I’d put them at below 4th division standard so unless they uncovered a rough diamond I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

True but Toal was playing in the same league, and this kid's just 18

When Marriott was bagging them in during his breakout spell at P'boro a certain Mr Marcus Maddison was assisting him a hell of a lot. Flopped at Derby with the likes of Mount/Harry Wilson/Tom Lawrence behind him & then flopped on loan at Sheff Weds. P'boro took a chance back on him which must have seemed like a smart risk free move at the time but if they're letting him go at L1 level then he must not be up to much anymore. Stockley is known as a lamp post, he hasn't got many fans but you know the old big man, small man partnership of two misfit strikers who've scored a decent few in this league during their time looks good on paper for a small club like F'wood

• Site Supporter

I suspect most of the transfer business has been done. Deadline day priority I think would be a centre back to cover Aimsons departure.

The only rumour which seemed to have a bit of momentum last week was Devine, but that could just have been Tottenham and/or his agent pushing as there seems to be links to lots of clubs.

I’m going for one more addition. 

32 minutes ago, desperado said:

I suspect most of the transfer business has been done. Deadline day priority I think would be a centre back to cover Aimsons departure.

The only rumour which seemed to have a bit of momentum last week was Devine, but that could just have been Tottenham and/or his agent pushing as there seems to be links to lots of clubs.

I’m going for one more addition. 

Yeah 1 more addition and pray we don’t lose Johnston after Stoke have sold Souttar for 15m. Unsure how bad his injury is and whether that would affect anything anyway.