Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

23 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Everton seem increasingly desperate to make  a signing or two in this window - despite Dyche implying that the talent was already there and that he was going to make them shine (?)

... &, more to the point, being barassic. I guess the Anthony Gordon money needs spending.

40 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Usual TDD speculation madness. "MJ used to be a CB before he moved into midfield" etc....

Just have to trust the management team that have brought us to where we are now and clearly have ambitions to get higher.

MJ's fucked. Can't run.
His left leg doesn't even bend now.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Isn't that the very thing that Derby & Sheff Wed. got done for ?

Wasn't it was more to do with the timing between when it happened and when it appeared in the accounts 

Derby were overvaluing players in a practice no one uses to make them appear more asset rich 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We might go up, they might go down. 

A gamble worth taking, possibly if more money too.

That said, it's how the player sees things.

He's having a good season here, and for me I reckon his development would be better served by staying. At least until we either do go up, or a higher placed club than Stoke come calling 

thing is

sooner he's in the championship, sooner he might play himself into a move to the PL

like the guy Stoke just sold to Leicester did

I hope he stays till end of the season

after that, if we don't go up, I'm sure he'll be happy with a move to whoever in the Championship might be interested, and the price is right, FV will be happy too

38 minutes ago, Mantra said:

We signing anyone then

O'Donovan +1 probably

Just been watching Everton basically being told by players they've approached that they don't want to play for them. Don't want to appear smug but I can't stop thinking about "that goal"....and the inevitable "have been in the top flight since 1954" if they finally get relegated.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Zico said:

thing is

sooner he's in the championship, sooner he might play himself into a move to the PL

like the guy Stoke just sold to Leicester did

I hope he stays till end of the season

after that, if we don't go up, I'm sure he'll be happy with a move to whoever in the Championship might be interested, and the price is right, FV will be happy too

Indeed. Going now, doesn't seem the right thing to do.

Wait 4 months and things will be a lot clearer.

35 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

O'Donovan +1 probably

Just been watching Everton basically being told by players they've approached that they don't want to play for them. Don't want to appear smug but I can't stop thinking about "that goal"....and the inevitable "have been in the top flight since 1954" if they finally get relegated.

Who’s odonovan