Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

9 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Who’s odonovan 

Another promising Doyler product...

"Wanderers have been linked with Cork City teenager John O’Donovan, following a successful trial, but at 18 years old it would be more likely to see him phased into the B Team squad if a move goes through from the Irish club today"

2022 FAI Schools Player of the Year

Edited by Wanderlust

10 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Another promising Doyler product...

"Wanderers have been linked with Cork City teenager John O’Donovan, following a successful trial, but at 18 years old it would be more likely to see him phased into the B Team squad if a move goes through from the Irish club today"

2022 FAI Schools Player of the Year

Better than Roy Keane at the same age

2 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

'udders fans don't seem to rate him

Nearly every player we’ve signed isn’t rated by his previous clubs fans… Millwall Fans said it about Bod, Cheltenham about Nlundulu. Even accy fans were saying Trafford is shit. I’ll judge when we see him play but if football manager is anything to go by he is an absolute baller 😂

For some reason I'm always a bit more cautious about signing young uns on loan when they are centre backs. There's only so bad it can get though when they have been coached through City's academy. If he's not done well at Huddersfield that could easily be to do with them being a struggling side and playing him in the wrong roles. Seen it time and again.

Aimson was a known quantity - a good league 1 standard defender. This lad clearly won't yet have that consistency and experience but, on the other hand, he's a point to prove and he's rated by City.

Main job just now is let's hope George Johnston isn't out for any length of time.

Does come across a bit panicky when you bring in anyone let alone a bit of an unknown at this stage of the window but we’ve had to react to the unforeseen Aimson move. 

doesn’t appear that he did well at Huddersfield but no one did. They were bottom of the league for a long period. Probably not the best environment for a young lad to be trying to develop in. 

wouldn’t surprise me if he starts on sat subject to GJ’s situation. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Does come across a bit panicky when you bring in anyone let alone a bit of an unknown at this stage of the window but we’ve had to react to the unforeseen Aimson move. 

doesn’t appear that he did well at Huddersfield but no one did. They were bottom of the league for a long period. Probably not the best environment for a young lad to be trying to develop in. 

wouldn’t surprise me if he starts on sat subject to GJ’s situation. 

No reason not to start with the back 3 and WBs that ended on Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

No reason not to start with the back 3 and WBs that ended on Saturday 

I suppose the only issue is having Geth or Toal at that LCB position does slow down our ball progression a fair bit, purely because it's just not as natural for them to open up to receive the pass and advance with it. 

Another left footer for cover has been a need since Iredale got injured. I'd argue we could do with another CB still with that in mind to make up for the Aimson departure. Ideally a permanent signing of an older more experienced player. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Absolutely not. Purely for the benefit of balance him being left sided and on paper a relatively easy intro in.. 

Who'd you drop though? 

If he starts at LWB I'll throw my ST at Evatt