Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

See Lukas Jensen has been released by Burnley. Thought he was really solid when we’ve played Accy. Good age, relatively low wages I would assume. Decent fit?… 

Didn’t really get any game time when he was here on loan Barry so you’d have to suspect that he didn’t impress IE. I suspect Evatt already has his targets but certainly Jensen could be one of them.

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Didn’t really get any game time when he was here on loan Barry so you’d have to suspect that he didn’t impress IE. I suspect Evatt already has his targets but certainly Jensen could be one of them.

Wasn't that while Gilkes came in & we were on a great run ?

3 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

See Lukas Jensen has been released by Burnley. Thought he was really solid when we’ve played Accy. Good age, relatively low wages I would assume. Decent fit?… 

Think it was mentioned by someone he’s coming in earlier in thread. No idea if it was itk or not

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, tomski said:

Think it was mentioned by someone he’s coming in earlier in thread. No idea if it was itk or not

I chucked it in after they beat us

Pure guesswork

Johnson-Clarke-Harris and Bolton born midfielder for Peterborough Ollie Norburn are both available for the right price.

JCH probably cost 1-2 million I'd imagine but if we wanna push for the automatics & have the financial means now, we got to consider it.

The game is only getting more expensive

7 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Johnson-Clarke-Harris and Bolton born midfielder for Peterborough Ollie Norburn are both available for the right price.

JCH probably cost 1-2 million I'd imagine but if we wanna push for the automatics & have the financial means now, we got to consider it.

The game is only getting more expensive

Can’t see us paying a fee like that Lostock and then with big wages on top. I think it’s more likely to be an out of contract player as I suspect there will be some good ones but we’ll need to compete on wages as Derby did with McGoldrick. You only get what you pay for. Personally I’d look at Cole Stockton who can’t be on a fortune from Morecambe and is a freebie. I’m sure IE has a long list of possibles so hopefully he’ll move in on them soon?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Colby Bishop and return of Bradley being rumoured by a very unreliable source :)

cant see Bishop leaving Pompey given he's just scored 20, and only last summer signed "for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year"

19 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Didn't we have him on loan in League 2? 

I'd be fine with that. 

Also, Johnson Clarke-Harris been made available by Peterborough, if that fee is anything under half a mil I'd be all over it. Him to finish the chances, Dion to do the hard yards, might be a pipe dream cost wise but it'd put us right up there as favourites. 

3 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Didn't we have him on loan in League 2? 

I'd be fine with that. 

Also, Johnson Clarke-Harris been made available by Peterborough, if that fee is anything under half a mil I'd be all over it. Him to finish the chances, Dion to do the hard yards, might be a pipe dream cost wise but it'd put us right up there as favourites. 

It'll be mors than that, unfortunately

And he's pretty much garuanteed to atrrect Championship offers

Jonson Clarke Harris has the kind of scoring record you rarely see these days. It's definitely a grade above anything on our books. Posh spent £1m on him so will want a return. But he's 28 now. Not exactly over the hill but equally its at that age when someone's value just starts to slip ever so slightly. I suspect an offer of £800K might succeed provided there was no auction. That's probably a bit rich for us unless we flogged an asset to part pay for him.

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

He’s probably looking above L1 to be fair. Must’ve had an agreement that he could move on if they’d didn’t go up 

You could be right about that Peterboro usual cash in on goal scorers and I think they would want 1million plus . 

18 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

He’s probably looking above L1 to be fair. Must’ve had an agreement that he could move on if they’d didn’t go up 

14 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

You could be right about that Peterboro usual cash in on goal scorers and I think they would want 1million plus . 

They have a club policy of transfer listing any player with 12 months left on their contract

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Zico said:

cant see Bishop leaving Pompey given he's just scored 20, and only last summer signed "for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year"

Local rag reporting that Pompey are intending on spending heavily this next season including adding two new strikers to play alongside Bishop. He ain’t going nowhere.