Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I love ALF but I'd have Ameobi over him I think

Comes down to depth and what we have available for me, We have Clayton, Henry and to an extent Taylor who can do Ameobi's job. We have no one even close to ALF in terms of goalscoring threat, he's definitely a player that would improve us and give us another dimension. 

I'd have both obviously but if it's a case of one or the other, give me ALF every day. 

Signing ALF would require a change in tactics, with our current tactics being so successful im not sure i want that.

and ALFs wages would be pointless in having him kicking his heels on the bench unless we need a plan B.

He'd solve the going a goal down away from home and being totally fucked issue in an instance.

Would be a nice problem to have.

Comes down to depth and what we have available for me, We have Clayton, Henry and to an extent Taylor who can do Ameobi's job. We have no one even close to ALF in terms of goalscoring threat, he's definitely a player that would improve us and give us another dimension.

I'd have both obviously but if it's a case of one or the other, give me ALF every day.

Fair comments but

C Taylor does not do what Ameobi does. In fact he does nothing as he's bogwank

As you see ALF, I see Ameobi doing stuff nobody else can - the way he holds the ball up, the way he gets them shitting it and doubling up, look at his goals too. When he's at his best he's unplayable and better than Clough IMO. Downside, he's not always produced and is inconsistent.

ALF - I just can't see him starting for us, and I'm a big fan; but Ameobi would be first 11 for sure. The only thing that could change that is if Henry keeps on, but we've only really see him have 2 decent games so far.

No right or wrong here I guess but for me it would still be Ameobi If we could only have one I think

Bloody hell if we're struggling to pay ALF how could Rochdale even dream about it.

They've probably got more disposable income than we have at present....as they probably aren't losing £800K a month. I'm still not sure how they could afford it though