Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

5 hours ago, Rizlar said:

No Clarke-Harris in the match day squad for Peterboro could he be off as they tried to off load him in the summer?

Linked with Wrexham.  Rotherham have also recalled Peter Kioso and the Posh chair (MacAnthony) has been on Twitter tonight saying they aren't signing any 1st team players this window.

11 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Linked with Wrexham.  Rotherham have also recalled Peter Kioso and the Posh chair (MacAnthony) has been on Twitter tonight saying they aren't signing any 1st team players this window.

I’m guessing everybody will be linked with Wrexham, but their bargain strikeforce of Mullin and Fletcher seemed to do well enough for them yesterday 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m guessing everybody will be linked with Wrexham, but their bargain strikeforce of Mullin and Fletcher seemed to do well enough for them yesterday 

... & both this week signed contract extensions to 2027.

13 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Rotherham have also recalled Peter Kioso and the Posh chair (MacAnthony) has been on Twitter tonight saying they aren't signing any 1st team players this window.

Are they a bit strapped for cash ?

Obviously they're a trading club and he normally bins-off players as they reach the last year of their contract, so he can still realise some money.

Clarke-Harris declined a move last summer & is free to talk to other clubs now.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

With Peterborough doing well why wouldn't he want to stay and see if they get promoted?

Not really up to him now I don't think

As in 

He wouldn't sign a new contract last summer so he got transfer listed  and relegated to the bench which is Peterborough's policy 

If someone puts in a bid he's off, if they don't he'll be off in the summer 

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Obviously they're a trading club and he normally bins-off players as they reach the last year of their contract, so he can still realise some money.

unless its changed in recent months theres some messy ownership issues

not sure if they dont own the ground

as for JCH he can only talk to clubs abroad unless with Boros permission...I think?

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Am I the only person that despises Wrexham and everything they stand for? 😁

I can't be - surely? 

i like their owners. i fucking hate them and their fan base. mentioned before but they are truly some of the most vile, racist, disgusting bunch i have met. 

20 minutes ago, Big E said:

i like their owners. i fucking hate them and their fan base. mentioned before but they are truly some of the most vile, racist, disgusting bunch i have met. 

Suppose it’s inevitable when you’re the only one in the village.. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I read JCH was very keen to move.  £800k transfer fee agreed; passed medical, agreed contract but paperwork not done by 11pm deadline.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I read JCH was very keen to move.  £800k transfer fee agreed; passed medical, agreed contract but paperwork not done by 11pm deadline.

not sure about that

something wasnt reet

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/club-statement-JCH/

or, if you prefer, mcanthony...fwiw, i dont, bigger cunt bthan jordan

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/darragh-macanthony-lifts-lid-collapse-8733300

17 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Chester city not keen on them I've heard.

I think we have a Chester man within our ranks.

As for Wrexham can’t say I’m that fussed either way. Always think of em as a league club. Fantastic for those that have stuck with em. Living the dream. Less fantastic for the JCLs and 2 clubbers.

10 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Seen a suggestion we might be interested in Mubama on loan from West Ham this window. 

Think that would be quite the coup, believe he's very highly regarded, thought he'd get more of a go in the Prem this year.

Out of contract at end of season. Fits the bill etc.

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think we have a Chester man within our ranks.

As for Wrexham can’t say I’m that fussed either way. Always think of em as a league club. Fantastic for those that have stuck with em. Living the dream. Less fantastic for the JCLs and 2 clubbers.

That might be me tomski.

I live equidistant between Chester & Wrexham, just inside the Welsh border. I was born & dragged up in Horwich however and am very English & react badly to any of the Drakefordesque Cymraeg bullshit.

I will always have a quiet warm spot for Wrexham fc, just out of interest & many friends who are fans.

I do admire that 'Ryan Reynolds & the other guy' arrived out of the blue but have genuinely taken to the club & attend frequently. How long that continues we may have see. They're busy guys. They have, however, funded it way beyond any FFP rules and if they can't continue to forward progress they'll be in bother.

It's a town where ¾ of football fans support Stretford, Liverpool & Everton and have long talked of Wrexham as their 'second club'. ... a concept which bewilders me tbh.

There has, however, been a huge lift in interest albeit their ground current maxes at 10,000 with another 4,000 to add. So it's ability to grow & fund its football excesses is limited.

A bit like Wigan, there a huge increase in the football by blue rinse grandma's. They don't go, they know f'call, but they are loud about them.

The clubs highest ever league position is 15th in the (real) 2nd Division.

But right now there's a buzz.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

That might be me tomski.

I live equidistant between Chester & Wrexham, just inside the Welsh border. I was born & dragged up in Horwich however and am very English & react badly to any of the Drakefordesque Cymraeg bullshit.

I will always have a quiet warm spot for Wrexham fc, just out of interest & many friends who are fans.

I do admire that 'Ryan Reynolds & the other guy' arrived out of the blue but have genuinely taken to the club & attend frequently. How long that continues we may have see. They're busy guys. They have, however, funded it way beyond any FFP rules and if they can't continue to forward progress they'll be in bother.

It's a town where ¾ of football fans support Stretford, Liverpool & Everton and have long talked of Wrexham as their 'second club'. ... a concept which bewilders me tbh.

There has, however, been a huge lift in interest albeit their ground current maxes at 10,000 with another 4,000 to add. So it's ability to grow & fund its football excesses is limited.

A bit like Wigan, there a huge increase in the football by blue rinse grandma's. They don't go, they know f'call, but they are loud about them.

The clubs highest ever league position is 15th in the (real) 2nd Division.

But right now there's a buzz.

Nice. 2 of you then.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Aged 18 though. More Shoretire than Anelka.

He's 19 now but he's a strapping six foot lad, holds the ball up OK, left-footed and not bad in the air - nowt like Shoretire - or Anelka for that matter. Whether he'd improve us or not I don't know.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Just can’t see it with the headcount as it is. May change If any go. 

Theres spaces in the squad numbers but this seems a nice number to keep everybody happy