Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Think he is a Preston lad, if a bid did/has come in is heart may rule his head

Get your point. I wonder how many lads actually play for "their" team, and how many succeed. Makes me think of Andy Walker at Celtic. 

Also, you got me looking at the championship table- only 2 teams lost more than Blackburn. They're 10 points ahead of 3rd bottom. Could they be looking over their shoulders?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

We won the biggest trophy in the world in front of 80,000 people less than a year ago.

Bolton Wanderers, massive then and massive now

If you take out man city we won as many trophies as united and more than anyone else last season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Out of them, Hull and Swansea (those two have actually been watching him), if it was any I'd say Hull have the biggest wallet and seem to be upwardly mobile again, though they've just added Billy Sharp to what they've already got

Don't need Dion then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Think he is a Preston lad, if a bid did/has come in is heart may rule his head

I bet he doesn't live in Bolton town centre 

A move to Preston won't mean moving house 

And he plays for Northern Ireland 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Get your point. I wonder how many lads actually play for "their" team, and how many succeed. Makes me think of Andy Walker at Celtic. 

Also, you got me looking at the championship table- only 2 teams lost more than Blackburn. They're 10 points ahead of 3rd bottom. Could they be looking over their shoulders?

Would be fab if we swapped places with them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Hull paper saying they are close to a major signing in the next 24 hours and the player will be in the stands against Birmingham ?

They've just signed Billy Sharp 

Edit

Just realised that was announced last month 

Anyway  

If you're hull and are aiming for promotion I don't think you consider a L1 striker as major 

Hope not anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Hull paper saying they are close to a major signing in the next 24 hours and the player will be in the stands against Birmingham ?

I think if they'd been in contact about Charles and it was as close as that, we'd have had an inkling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think if they'd been in contact about Charles and it was as close as that, we'd have had an inkling

I can’t see it being Charles as for Swansea they are skint and Preston manager states it’s 1 in 1 out so he may rely on loans!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zico said:

They've just signed Billy Sharp 

Edit

Just realised that was announced last month 

Anyway  

If you're hull and are aiming for promotion I don't think you consider a L1 striker as major 

Hope not anyway

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-transfer-chelsea-brazil-9013012?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

 

This reckons the kid from Chelsea who was on loan at Forest.

Article also mentions Adama Traore.

Had no idea he was at Hull.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Talking of chelsea and loans, aren't we still owed one from them? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most active club in League 1 so far is Carlisle, presumably following on from that takeover they had in November. 

Saw Peterborough had made a signing but turns out he's a temporary replacement for their injured main keeper. 

One thing that'll mess a few teams up is loanees being recalled. Happened with Plymouth and Finn Azaz who is being sold to Boro. We're not quite as vulnerable in that department as in some previous times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.