Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Agree, the back heel that set up that goal a while back was class and i think there’s a very good player in him. 

He's clearly talented but I'm unsure if he properly fits into our system

The Dapo conundrum all over again

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's clearly talented but I'm unsure if he properly fits into our system

The Dapo conundrum all over again

Evatt bought him knowing what system he was going to play.

He changed our system when Dapo was already here, and I don't see him doing that again.

On that basis, I'm sure he knew enough about the lad to feel comfortable he could contribute. 

Freddie Ladapo to Charlton is an interesting one.  He's one of those strikers destined to always be at L1 level, if he helps get a team promoted (Rotherham, Ipswich) he gets a few games in the championship then is replaced by better and back to L1 he goes.  No shame in that, decent signing for Charlton to play with May.

What happened to the interest in the young Irish striker that several clubs including Wanderers were chasing, it seems to have all gone quiet, or has he moved somewhere already? Also how about this Kasey McAteer from Leicester on loan, who seems to be making a name after several loans in the lower leagues? Be good to have another McAteer even if only short term on loan.

Edited by Whitesince63
Name amendment

• Site Supporter

Just checked as I thought it was correct- Smith scored Cambridge's equaliser last season.

As the players left the fuels shortly after, and fans were easing their way to the exits, im fairly sure it was the same player who looked directly at us and surreptitiously gave the V sign. Daft thing was he wasn't getting stick but one or two rounds of applause from fans around.

Doubt Evatt saw it! :)

19 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Sam Smith being linked. Ennis deal "taking too long" according to Nixon on Twitter.

No central defensive links as yet, hope to hear about some soon.

Didn't Nixon say the deal was as good as done for Ennis

He's full of shit as usual 

5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Didn't Nixon say the deal was as good as done for Ennis

He's full of shit as usual 

I've not been keeping up with his every word in this window, just saw his tweet today. Maybe it is as good as done. Hopefully we find out soon.