Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, boltonboris said:

I'd be disappointed to see him leave. He's really contributed this season and his stock has risen. Would take an offer over £2m for a first choice striker on double figures to leave, surely?

i dont think we get anything anwhere near that

another reason, id not be driving him there

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Always amazes me that some people don’t think players can improve when they go up a level. Most of our current squad are young and it’s a well known fact that playing with better players improves you, that’s how young players learn anyway. Nobody can deny that whatever age CJ is he’s been able to pass on his experience to our other strikers. I don’t have any doubts that the majority of our current squad will survive perfectly well were we go up this season.

Apply the same principal to Maghoma then 😊

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Big Vic has gone from being a useless lump who offers nothing to bring a player we should never sell for any amount. Big 2 weeks he has had. 

I want some of what folk are drinking😂

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Everyone has a price.

That said, in our position we may choose to put that price quite high.

Yeah probably. Anything around 1.5 or 2 million though and I suspect he's out the door! Providing he fancies that move of course.

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Yeah probably. Anything around 1.5 or 2 million though and I suspect he's out the door! Providing he fancies that move of course.

Anything over double what we paid for me. That’s how we survive

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Big Vic has gone from being a useless lump who offers nothing to bring a player we should never sell for any amount. Big 2 weeks he has had. 

A club is willing to pay cash for him. We were willing to pay cash for him.

His manager picks him every week.

Nah hes shit, can't trap a bag of cement, start the car.

17 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Didn't we pay £750,000? 

I think his fee was £500k - £550k as per his release clause. God knows what we have paid him in wages / signing fee, but he's contributed to the success of the team this season, especially, so no need to factor that in

Both Blackburn and Wigan have raised some serious coinage these past few years selling on players. Our model surely means if a big offer comes in for Vic, he goes. Hope it doesn't happen though. As said, we'd be swapping something that works for something that might.

3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Both Blackburn and Wigan have raised some serious coinage these past few years selling on players. Our model surely means if a big offer comes in for Vic, he goes. Hope it doesn't happen though. As said, we'd be swapping something that works for something that might.

Exactly.   Every player at our place has a sell on price,  we may not like it but am sure most of us are used to it.

We may be left with no choice if the appropriate offer arrives (by fax of course)

I think we are in for a couple of surprises before Thursday neet