Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

7 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

We’re borderline championship signing borderline championship players so we’re going to have to pay borderline championship prices. Hope the finances hold up.

Win 2 of our 3 in hand of the leaders and we are top of the league 2/3 of the season done. The players currently on the books have got us in this position and judging by our previous late season form are likely to get us over the line. Bank the money and save it for championship standard reinforments over the close season. 

7 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Enough of this Cogley can fill in at CB bollocks, we need additions there now more than ever. We can't guarantee that Santos/Toal or Iredale won't pick up a nasty injury.

If that happens currently we're buggered.

We need 3 more signings imo.

Collins, and 2 CBs

Both Santos and Toal are currently carrying injuries

10 minutes ago, desperado said:

He did. But we know he'd choose to use Toal, Jones and Forrester there before him if he could. 

He might only have Iredale available for Saturday- don’t understand the chase for a CF when we are threadbare at the back

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He might only have Iredale available for Saturday- don’t understand the chase for a CF when we are threadbare at the back

It's always been the case for me, felt we've been looking at the wrong end for a long time. 

First through the door should have been a CB before these injuries. 

5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Disagree. I’d hate to make signings based on covering a game or 2. We need to think for the run in and it makes sense what he’s done. Wing back massive moves. Cf I think is key. Cb in a few weeks we will have 6/7. It’s unfortunate but someone/or a couple will need to fill in on Sat.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Disagree. I’d hate to make signings based on covering a game or 2. We need to think for the run in and it makes sense what he’s done. Wing back massive moves. Cf I think is key. Cb in a few weeks we will have 6/7. It’s unfortunate but someone/or a couple will need to fill in on Sat.

I agree @tomski

It’s just been exacerbated by 2 freak potential injuries on the same night.

It wasn’t  unreasonable of IE to think we’ve got Forrester and Jones back in a week or two, we’ve got 3/5 for the rest of the season which should be fine. And as a last resort a couple of WBs who can fill in at LCB/RCB if needed.

And he’s already said last night that because of two injuries on the same night he now might need an emergency option - fortunately we are still in the window.

I think it’s very harsh for this to be used as stick for the experts to say “I told you so”, “I don’t understand”, “what’s IE thinking” blah blah blah 

50 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Stop panicking wait for the club to update us on the injuries to both Toal and Santos and see what happens then!

I agree! 

However, my point is I still think we are short in the middle of our defence and we can't guarantee that the rest of them will all stay fit for the remainder of the season. 

We use 3 CBs pretty much Tuesday/Saturday and for the foreseeable.

Get a CB loan in, nothing permanent, but just as assurance.

We can't take any further risks with promotion.