Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

In January we already had Williams, Ashworth and Iredale and still signed Ogbeta, I don't think Iredale is considered as a starter for LWB any more, the 4th option seems to be JDC to switch sides.  Iredale CB or on the bench. 

On Cogley, not sure how its unfair?  Toal, Santos, Charles, Sheehan etc play week after week, Cogley another of the automatic picks.

Granted we have other automatic picks but there’s times, some more often then others, where they’re hooked after 60-70 mins or rested. Or get breaks through other means. Injuries / suspensions etc. Cogley didn’t have those blessings / curses and IIRC played every minute of every league game? Unfair may be the wrong word so let’s maybe say unrealistic? That he could go through the same work load again… 

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

It’s definitely not a negative and for me it’s experience we definitely need but Derbys experience was proven quality players whereas Rotherham’s in my opinion aren’t.

Fair enough, I wouldn't know either way TBH, although I would have thought JCH is as proven as any striker in the division.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Tyler Bindon from reading linked… 250k.

6'2" centre half. Only 19 but pkayed 40 matches last season, 2 goals, 1 assist & 4 yellow cards ... introduce him to George. New Zealander.

Otherwise, never heard of him.

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Granted we have other automatic picks but there’s times, some more often then others, where they’re hooked after 60-70 mins or rested. Or get breaks through other means. Injuries / suspensions etc. Cogley didn’t have those blessings / curses and IIRC played every minute of every league game? Unfair may be the wrong word so let’s maybe say unrealistic? That he could go through the same work load again… 

Fair enough, but he was picked every week last season when he could have arguably been rested and I expect the same to happen again - law of averages says he surely won't be as injury free as he was this season but likely to be first choice and IE doesn't rotate the defence much.

1 hour ago, green genie said:

Can’t see this has a lot to do with Rooney, more the data driven recruitment process club employs to try and find bargains. 

I wasn't suggesting its Rooney's fault, its just a wierd stat.  He wasn't at Brum during a transfer window if I'm not mistaken, and Derby had the transfer embargo while he was there I think.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'd like to see Caleb back. That deoends on WBA's needs. We were unlucky that he got injured.

Johnson, it will be interesting to see how well he returns.

If we sign Caleb (or any other CB), that's 7 CBs for 3 positions.  Santos and Toal aren't getting dropped realistically so its 5 CBs for 1 position, OK Iredale will miss out but still 4 CBs for 1 position, plus 1 on the bench and law of averages says 1 injured usually.  But that's a big chunk of the squad when you throw in our 11 LWBs 😀

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can he stand on the ball for extended periods of time though?

That can be trained.  Toal came without that ability, naively passing it at pace, now he's starting to learn to keep hold of the ball without moving.  Standing on it will come with experience, coaching and practise.

24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can he stand on the ball for extended periods of time though?

If Gilks or the bloke in the suit near the tunnel can shout loud enough at him he won't need to stand on the friggin' thing as long

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That can be trained.  Toal came without that ability, naively passing it at pace, now he's starting to learn to keep hold of the ball without moving.  Standing on it will come with experience, coaching and practise.

Is this plan b?

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If we sign Caleb (or any other CB), that's 7 CBs for 3 positions.  Santos and Toal aren't getting dropped realistically so its 5 CBs for 1 position, OK Iredale will miss out but still 4 CBs for 1 position, plus 1 on the bench and law of averages says 1 injured usually.  But that's a big chunk of the squad when you throw in our 11 LWBs 😀

If we thinking our defence needs upgrading a couple of these may miss out/exit.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Is it true there is a lobotomy suite at Lostock where the new players are assimilated?

34 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'd like to see Caleb back. That deoends on WBA's needs. We were unlucky that he got injured.

I think Taylor would of been good for us. 

Fairly sure it won’t happen though

CBs I’d suggest is where we are most covered. Who knows if/who is offski 

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think Taylor would of been good for us. 

Fairly sure it won’t happen though

CBs I’d suggest is where we are most covered. Who knows if/who is offski 

I think if we get a new CB it might release Jones/Iredale for full back duties on a far more regular basis.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Be a loan at best I reckon 

Wba mate reckons he's highly rated and was expected to start more last season but other more experienced defenders were playing well which kept him out 

No idea how much his injury may have set him back regards getting in their first team for next season though

15 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think if we get a new CB it might release Jones/Iredale for full back duties on a far more regular basis.

Yeah crossed my mind but still leaves

toal 

santos 

johnstone

iredale

Jones

Forrester 

tou may be right if that moves to 4 and I also suspect at least someone will go for a cash raise or career change

I've had an idea for the new season that involves Santos running with the ball at a packed midfield and splitting them up that way.

Like a marauding beast through a pack of feeding gazelles.

Run Rico. Run.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

HE said on Inster 

Thanks for the Opprtunity 

Good Luck in the Future BWFC

so dout he is coming back

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

From what little we saw of him, can’t say he stood out from any of our other central defenders really.

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

From what little we saw of him, can’t say he stood out from any of our other central defenders really.

He played about 80 mins