Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite

Recommended Posts

Personally I can see Baxter leaving as in my opinion he's to good for division 1, can't see us keeping 4 keepers on the books and don't see Baxter being on peanuts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Personally I can see Baxter leaving as in my opinion he's to good for division 1, can't see us keeping 4 keepers on the books and don't see Baxter being on peanuts

I agree. If we get a decent fee for him, it will represent good business and good luck to him.

I'd like to keep him, like I would all our better players but if 1 leaving means we can fund 2 to improve the overall squad, it has to be done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good keeper for this level Baxter but I never get the feeling his hearts really in the club or maybe that’s just his character. Either way if we do get a decent offer for him I think we’d have to take it to strengthen other areas where we know we’re weak. Given our new man had several options it seems unlikely he’d come here to be sitting around waiting for injury to get a slot so it does seem like Baxter could be off and if so good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Anyone up for selling him (that’s different to needing to) is a loon. 

Agreed, quality keeper at this level and good competition for his shirt........Win win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, tomski said:

Anyone up for selling him (that’s different to needing to) is a loon. 

No disrespect to baxter but we were clearly a shop window move

Hes told us there was more cash on the table but i reckon he came to us as an opportunity to be seen and a good chance of getting to where he sees his level

The injury, the disagreement and failure to get promoted set alarm bells in my head

Hope im wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We always are going to be a shop window. Nobody sets their life goal as playing League 1 at BWFC. 
 

if there is a good fee off ya pop. Can’t see any money being put in for him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t know enough about Southwood to speculate whether or not his ball control, passing, awareness, distribution and general footwork are top quality, but those are probably the main criteria Evatt would be looking for in a goalie in a team that insists on playing out from the back.

He surely has to be an upgrade in that department though - it was very frustrating to see our goalie being forced to go long/wide last season and watching the ball going to the opposition or sailing straight into touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rebuild incoming with Baxter, Santos, Sheehan & Charles leaving.

Sadly the replacements will come from lower than where we currently sit ie Southwood, Forino and 2 more.

There's no money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Traf said:

Rebuild incoming with Baxter, Santos, Sheehan & Charles leaving.

Sadly the replacements will come from lower than where we currently sit ie Southwood, Forino and 2 more.

There's no money.

That’s the message I’m getting , not itk just my gut telling me despite Sharon’s words we are skint & basically any hope of further investment went down the pan at Wembley.

Hope I’m totally wrong but this coming season will be tough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

That’s the message I’m getting , not itk just my gut telling me despite Sharon’s words we are skint & basically any hope of further investment went down the pan at Wembley.

Hope I’m totally wrong but this coming season will be tough.

Sharon said playing Budget is going up this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FV have not run the club as a money making project since they first came in the door.  They have backed Evatt these last few years by diluting their shares to the Swiss Consortium. They may now think to keep their existing stake in the club they have to raise money.

 

Edited by masi 51
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Casino said:

No disrespect to baxter but we were clearly a shop window move

Hes told us there was more cash on the table but i reckon he came to us as an opportunity to be seen and a good chance of getting to where he sees his level

The injury, the disagreement and failure to get promoted set alarm bells in my head

Hope im wrong

I suspect you’re right. Radcliffe is bang on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

But folk say we’ve no money, does not add up if that was true. 

Do you think we've got money to spend without selling players?

If they had money, they wouldn't have borrowed £5m off the fans.

Ticket prices are up, replica kits prices are up, but we didn't get the new pitch and the rail seating seems not to be happening either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All seems like wild speculation regarding the budget. Two signings in. Just starting up with our rebuild. Would prefer not to lose Charles and Baxter though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Rebuild incoming with Baxter, Santos, Sheehan & Charles leaving.

Sadly the replacements will come from lower than where we currently sit ie Southwood, Forino and 2 more.

There's no money.

Then again, Santos, Sheehan and Charles were signed from Barnet, Newport and Accrington respectively. The cycle continues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Then again, Santos, Sheehan and Charles were signed from Barnet, Newport and Accrington respectively. The cycle continues

Exactly the way we were told things would be done when FV came in.

We haven't gone up with those players and if we can sell them for more than we paid then jobs a good un.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.