Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Joking aside, Bristol City back in for Clough?

I can't see him going to Bristol City, he's better than that  -  although, it might all be with how much we need the cash, and who comes up with it first. I'm hoping he goes nowhere in January, as we'll struggle to get promoted without him.................but if he could generate a circa £5M fee, that might keep us solvent and away from the administrators (it also might not)

I can't see him going to Bristol City, he's better than that  -  although, it might all be with how much we need the cash, and who comes up with it first. I'm hoping he goes nowhere in January, as we'll struggle to get promoted without him.................but if he could generate a circa £5M fee, that might keep us solvent and away from the administrators (it also might not)

But we might struggle to reach the end of the season with him.

Edited by MalcolmW

We lose clough and we will struggle to score another 5 goals all season.

I'm not so sure about that. I reckon it's a bit like Holding. Reinvesting even a little bit of £5,000,000 will buy you a proven playmaker and goalscorer at this level.

I'm not saying I'd like to make the call but if needs must and we can get a good fee - and providing we have eyes on replacements - he might have to go.

I'm not so sure about that. I reckon it's a bit like Holding. Reinvesting even a little bit of £5,000,000 will buy you a proven playmaker and goalscorer at this level.

I'm not saying I'd like to make the call but if needs must and we can get a good fee - and providing we have eyes on replacements - he might have to go.

thats my thinking, providing some cheeky fucker doesn't try our hand with a pitiful offer and we accept

• Site Supporter

If Clough went it would be a bid downer for the fans and team. If we had to sell him that's because we need cash to survive. So little be available for a replacement and we'd get charged through the nose.

KA said no players will have to leave. His credibility will be shot if that changes.

• Moderators

KA said no players will have to leave. His credibility will be shot if that changes.

not really

in fact, not at all

he said we didnt need to sell, not that we won't sell - you need to read beyond Lies headlines

“We have to be realistic, as any club does, and know that if a really big offer came in – as it did with Rob Holding in the summer – we would have to consider it. But no-one is actively looking to sell, I can assure fans of that.”

did asombalonga leave for forest when peterborough were in this division.  I'm trying to remember the record transfer fee out of this league

not really

in fact, not at all

he said we didnt need to sell, not that we won't sell - you need to read beyond Lies headlines

did asombalonga leave for forest when peterborough were in this division.  I'm trying to remember the record transfer fee out of this league

Fabian Delph - Leeds - Villa £8m +

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3

• Site Supporter

IF a really big offer came then fine. Depends on what you mean though I suppose, but we all know silly offers won't come in that would allow us to strengthen.

If as you say we don't need to sell, then don't. See if he's got the balls.

You might feel his credibility would be intact- fair enough. But many wouldn't. Whatever the rights and wrongs are we were told that the takeover could happen because the league accepted money was there for this season. If that ultimately proves wrong and we have to sell (and so be it if no option) then folk will lose faith in him.

• Moderators

cheers, nice reference that

concentrates your mind a bit about what would be a good fee for our players

KA got some stick for only getting 2.5 million for a lad who had played half a season

its in the top 20 fees ever out of this division!

and as much as i like clough, delle alli was playing for england months after his move

KA got some stick for only getting 2.5 million for a lad who had played half a season

its in the top 20 fees ever out of this division!

If it's true about the add-ons as well, then he might already be in the top 10 ever in the division already (provided we got PL debut and CL debut as "extras")