Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake Wright was the defensive organiser (very aware of what’s going on, always talking, shouting, pointing) in our league one promotion year and is actually bit of a legend at Bramall Lane after his r

Disappointed a few I know but how would you be on a day like today? Brilliant sunshine in mid Winter - at 9am received just over $6K as my share of a football punters club kitty which we decided to sh

Big Wednesday fan here. Kieran Lee has been one hell of a player for us. I’d actually say he’s been our best player since we got relegated from the premier league in 2000. Only problem is that we

Posted Images

Oh well, I was told a few weeks back that Vela was going to Salford and now he ends up at Hibs, think Salford was more attractive, maybe Scottish League is Vela's level though.

Edited by Blondi
Typo
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

I'd rather be at hibs than fucking Salford.

As poor as the spl is its definitely above EFL leagues 1 and 2.

Best of luck to the lad. 

I agree, everyone says the SPL is a pub league but are they seriously suggesting Accrington or Southend would go there and finish 3rd behind the Big 2? Personally I think Vela will be out of his depth and won't play a lot but good luck to him.

48 minutes ago, SalfordOriginal said:

Didn’t Connahs Quay just knock out the 3rd Best team in Scotland from the UEFA Cup?  I’d fancy Accrington or Southend beating them though

A seriously freak result in fairness, Killie were 1/200 to qualify at one point. 

• Site Supporter

What the story with bale? Seems like a real odd relationship with him, fans and manager.

Zidane doesnt want him and theres talk of him going to china. 

What a waste.

35 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

What the story with bale? Seems like a real odd relationship with him, fans and manager.

Zidane doesnt want him and theres talk of him going to china. 

What a waste.

The China thing would be weird seen as he's apparently a bit of a recluse who flies back to his Welsh home every chance he gets. Made little attempt to integrate in Madrid, not learned the language won't go on team outings. I thought he was going to sign for TNS, TBH.

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

The China thing would be weird seen as he's apparently a bit of a recluse who flies back to his Welsh home every chance he gets. Made little attempt to integrate in Madrid, not learned the language won't go on team outings. I thought he was going to sign for TNS, TBH.

The Sun (I know...) are saying he could be on £1m a week tax free. That may persuade him to manage with Skype.

Theres plenty of time to get a squad together for the season as a whole. It's whether we have enough players registered to satisfy the EFL that we can play at Wycombe. If we play that game, using at least some senior professionals that have been paid, I'll be happy for the foreseeable. I don't care if we lose 5-0, we'll be up and running.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Theres plenty of time to get a squad together for the season as a whole. It's whether we have enough players registered to satisfy the EFL that we can play at Wycombe. If we play that game, using at least some senior professionals that have been paid, I'll be happy for the foreseeable. I don't care if we lose 5-0, we'll be up and running.

We'll be under a 23 squad registration limit as per terms of embargo. And the issue will be that to play our younger lads they will need to be registered and therefore fill squad places...so not sure how we'll approach it. Suspect we might break the record for number of signings in a day...

Like I mentioned a while back Portsmouth were given permission to draft emergency loans in think it was 12 on 1 month deals.

i suspect loans have been identified and are ready to go once we get the green light, they will see us through Wycombe and then free signings will start.

15 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Like I mentioned a while back Portsmouth were given permission to draft emergency loans in think it was 12 on 1 month deals.

i suspect loans have been identified and are ready to go once we get the green light, they will see us through Wycombe and then free signings will start.

Not sure 1 month loans work in our situation. Cannot see the EFL allowing that at all. But we'll see. So long as we have some sort of a team turn out - that will be ok.