Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

Ben Marshall was in LH yesterday watching North Walkden. Apparently weighing up a few options 

As you know one of his best mates runs north Walkden fc and is massive BWFC fan , I’ll ring him find out if BM fancies it.

just asked about him and he’s been released so out of contract, would be good addition.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Madine in, scores a few. We sign him on the cheap when allowed to, then flog him after he scores 20 odd in a season. For 6 million. Sorted.

Has he scored a goal since leaving us? 

Edited by Andy Gee

• Site Supporter

He's barely played since leaving us!

Soon sussed at Cardiff, but they got up regardless. Brief cameo at sheff utd, scored a couple, but no further interest.

Wouldn't rule him out completely, but not if it meant we just twatted it aimlessly somewhere in his vacinity.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

As you know one of his best mates runs north Walkden fc and is massive BWFC fan , I’ll ring him find out if BM fancies it.

just asked about him and he’s been released so out of contract, would be good addition.  

He’d be a great addition

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's barely played since leaving us!

Soon sussed at Cardiff, but they got up regardless. Brief cameo at sheff utd, scored a couple, but no further interest.

Wouldn't rule him out completely, but not if it meant we just twatted it aimlessly somewhere in his vacinity.

He will only ever look decent in a pp team and that was for 6 weeks

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we brought Stephen Dawson in 

He was all over us at their place in the 0-1 . Need players like him in providing hes fit to play week in week out. Should be interesting tomorrow can see me googling a few names for background info

6 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

The way I measure Madine has a player now....  i watched Magennis all last season, and the comparison between the two, there wasn't one.

Both terrible, 2 wrongs don't make a right.  I've never seen either of them have a decent shot from open play, and I know there's more to being a striker than shooting, but it makes life a lot easier if your striker has some technique.  The likes of Vaughan and Maynard that Bury had should be the standard of striker we can aim for and they are both in Div 2.

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Both terrible, 2 wrongs don't make a right.  I've never seen either of them have a decent shot from open play, and I know there's more to being a striker than shooting, but it makes life a lot easier if your striker has some technique.  The likes of Vaughan and Maynard that Bury had should be the standard of striker we can aim for and they are both in Div 2.

Madine is far better than either of those. It worries me what people watch. Way out our price range but if by a miracle he could come back we’d snatch their hands off for a player of that quality. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Madine is far better than either of those. It worries me what people watch. Way out our price range but if by a miracle he could come back we’d snatch their hands off for a player of that quality. 

Madine is a cunt. Not surprised you cant see it. I dont want to shape the entire team round him and play like Parkinson again. He was good for us for one brief spell when everything revolved around him. He really isnt that good either, whats he done since he left?

New manager new start i honestly hope there's nothing in it unless it really is the only striking option available. I dont trust him morale wise around the place

11 minutes ago, snowball said:

Madine is a cunt. Not surprised you cant see it. I dont want to shape the entire team round him and play like Parkinson again. He was good for us for one brief spell when everything revolved around him. He really isnt that good either, whats he done since he left?

New manager new start i honestly hope there's nothing in it unless it really is the only striking option available. I dont trust him morale wise around the place

Seriously? He reached double figures in his last two seasons here. We have no money and a group of kids not one of whom is an actual striker. If by some miracle Madine was available we’d be mental not to take him. Literally mental. 

I can’t imagine we will have the opportunity regardless but in our position we take what we can. And if that is of his quality then I’d be delighted.