Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Dion Donohue training with us.....Decent left sided Defender who left Swindon last week for personal  reasons

We are desperate for balance on the left.

Can't remember seeing a first time cross come in from that side- and that includes games with Gordon in.

Thomasson plus another should help.

9 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Dion Donohue training with us.....Decent left sided Defender who left Swindon last week for personal  reasons

Less than 50 games in last 3 years so from that point of view not a lot to go on, so its down to IEs judgement, obviously knows him well, another ex-Chesterfield.

12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You would have thought Evans would have bent over backwards to keep on the straight and narrow to stay in the game, must be a bit of a dick.

To be fair, Barton's fired off quite a few in similar circumstances

It might be that he's signed a high proportion of cunts, but equally I suspect it's not difficult to find yourself in Barton's bad books

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It might be that he's signed a high proportion of cunts, but equally I suspect it's not difficult to find yourself in Barton's bad books

He wouldn't want anyone to out-cunt him.

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Having recently read his autobiography, that's definitely the case.  Seemed to fall out with every manager he had, and came to blows with Mark Hughes at QPR.  Really wierd character.

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Less than 50 games in last 3 years so from that point of view not a lot to go on, so its down to IEs judgement, obviously knows him well, another ex-Chesterfield.

He got Sacked from Mansfield so was dropped for a period. Swindon wanted him immediatly but he could not play until the January transfer window, then the season got curtailed....played 11 times this season in lge 1 plus 40 odd games at Pompey previous to going to Mansfield.

Swindon fans seemed to rate him

Edited by masi 51

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Having recently read his autobiography, that's definitely the case.  Seemed to fall out with every manager he had, and came to blows with Mark Hughes at QPR.  Really wierd character.

If he came to blows with Mark Hughes he is either a fool or he can look after himself.

Maybe Evatt realises we have not enough Bastards in the team

Barton explains in detail how he fought people bigger and stronger than him, his Dad taught him how to scrap.  The book is really interesting but at times seems to just go from one brawl to another, his life is littered with them and he perfected a technique that meant he rarely came out 2nd best.  But highly intelligent and calculating.  Admitted he hated it at QPR but signed/stayed because they were paying him a ridiculous amount.

• Members

It’s a mentally tough midfielder we need.

The type who’s game isn’t affected when we go 1-0 down, or someone who can absorb the pressure when we’re up against it. Saturday the centre of the park fell away like wet cake. 

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s a mentally tough midfielder we need.

The type who’s game isn’t affected when we go 1-0 down, or someone who can absorb the pressure when we’re up against it. Saturday the centre of the park fell away like wet cake. 

Think Lee will be that player if we can get him fit.

• Site Supporter

I'd go as far as saying we need 2 of that type of midfielder, together with Tutte and Sarce. Drop Fonz and go with 1 up top.

We also need a no nonsense Colin Hendry type of centre half. We conceed far too often from crosses which need attacking.

Not asking for too much am I?

• Members
3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'd go as far as saying we need 2 of that type of midfielder, together with Tutte and Sarce. Drop Fonz and go with 1 up top.

We also need a no nonsense Colin Hendry type of centre half. We conceed far too often from crosses which need attacking.

Not asking for too much am I?

I’m telling you now if Doyle plays the no.9 role I promise you he will get more goals. He’s a 20 goal a season player, but he’s coming far too deep. He gets the ball deep gets it out wide and then we’ve no one up top. I’d play one up top with Sarc in the hole. If we got a bulkier midfield. 

Santos for me as the middle one of the back 3, wins everything in the air, corners should be man to man because zonal which sometimes we play as doesn’t work 

@radcliffewhite1 I think politic would have been great for him