Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Did it go ok then?

How long was the recovery?

Went well thanks. Morphine first couple of days, then just pain killers, 3 weeks of injecting yourself with blood thinners, crutches for 3-4 weeks, couple of months before could drive, walking now without pain usually 4-5 miles a day, went on bike over Xmas did 26 miles, gradually getting back to full fitness,  surgeon reckons 12 months before it settles completely. Would recommend the resurfaced hip before full hip replacement. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Went well thanks. Morphine first couple of days, then just pain killers, 3 weeks of injecting yourself with blood thinners, crutches for 3-4 weeks, couple of months before could drive, walking now without pain usually 4-5 miles a day, went on bike over Xmas did 26 miles, gradually getting back to full fitness,  surgeon reckons 12 months before it settles completely. Would recommend the resurfaced hip before full hip replacement. 

Injecting yourself ??????? We may have a job for you. Can you do 5000 per day ? 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hope he’s better than the last Man U keeper we signed... wiped his name from my memory. 

He was very good when on loan. His eyesight only seemed to deteriorate when we signed him permanently. 

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Couldn't give a toss. Whilst he's here, he's ours. Just hope he's decent.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hope he’s better than the last Man U keeper we signed... wiped his name from my memory. 

Lots of Hoping going on - I'm hoping this is a wind up ? 

Maybe he's just had a really poor outfield in front of him ? 

The lad spent last 2 years on loan at Southend - last season in 17 appearances -  no clean sheets let in 47 goals ( 7 in 1 game and 4 in 6 games ) - last appearance for Southend was  at the Unibol in Dec 2019

Has played just  once for Man United - an Under 21 game  this season - when they beat Salford 6-0

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

The lad spent last 2 years on loan at Southend - last season in 17 appearances -  no clean sheets let in 47 goals ( 7 in 1 game and 4 in 6 games ) - last appearance for Southend was  at the Unibol in Dec 2019

Has played just  once for Man United - an Under 21 game  this season - when they beat Salford 6-0

Reckon he's still a, better option than Crellin though 😁

44 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I'm willing to bet that's becuase the team in front of him was shit rather than him not being up to it.

United wouldn't bother signing him if he didn't have ability.

1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

One of the few keepers ever to have let in a long range shot from Luke Murphy!

Joking aside, are people serious about who he plays for?  I'd love to know how many BW fans that are parents would order their son to turn down the offer of a professional contract from Man U.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Joking aside, are people serious about who he plays for?  I'd love to know how many BW fans that are parents would order their son to turn down the offer of a professional contract from Man U.

I wouldn’t order him to turn one down, but he’d know better than to sign one.  That’s if I had a son

22 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm willing to bet that's becuase the team in front of him was shit rather than him not being up to it.

United wouldn't bother signing him if he didn't have ability.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I was rather hoping we would get an older head on board , If at all possible  

But fair do's to the lad - If he was prepared to go out on loan to Southend who I think were in a financial crisis of their own whilst he was there and play amongst a team of kids , in a very  similar situation to our own ,  at the start of last season , he deserves a chance. 

And he will have my support 

Does not bother me which club he is contracted to - and as you say am sure United would have offloaded him If he was not up to it.