Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hopefully some teams come in for Crawford & Comley we can improve massively on them. Delaney great winner at Chelt but his as stiff as a robot & can't play out well enough to be an IE type defender so get rid imo. Tutte played good but the manager froze him out so he won't get renewed. We love Miller & Arthur they contributed hugely with some late winners besides having a lot of ability but can see us letting them go... Miller was injured for majority of the season whilst Evatt doesn't trust AG starting after the Colchester game. Brocky will get another year I pressume for his versatility & he can still improve. Liam Gordon another loan, try for a lower L2 team. Faal isn't getting s renewal with 0 goals in 20 games for a Barnet side who have completely gone to pot since big Rico left them. Hickman & Mascoll already out the picture. Renew Baps & Gilks another year even if they're just backups they was vital this season. Hopefully we renew Isgrove, he turned up clutch in the final push & massively improved 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Anderson said:

That's the problem for me, I'm not sure Doyle can be the main man with a step up in division. No doubt he's a good poacher but it's whether he can offer enough to create things when it might not be going our way. 

I'd like to add some more athleticism in general in a number of positions. 

Watched a Doyle interview last week, in his mind he thinks he'll get more goals in L1 due to the league being more open with less teams sitting back so he'll have more space to exploit. At his age it might be harder for him now but his L1 goals record is impressive. He has 46 goals in 100 L1 apps compared to 58 in 132 L2 apps. He should still get goals at 33 in a higher league but we deffo should aim to bring in maybe two more strikers to push him & who are of a different mould to him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

There's at least 6 regular 1st teamers who haven't hit Baptistes consistency this season so are we moving them on as well? 

Nope not moving them on unless they want to go........Same with Fonz. They are contracted to the club but we need replacements for the three we have no keeper, Greenidge, Delaney and Brockbank are not good enough though i would offer Brockbank another contract because he can play in a number of positions.

Get a new quality centre half in and let him Santos and Baptiste fight for the two positions

Same with Fonz these are the 3 main areas we need improving and we are in a higher league with 3 players not getting younger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Deanu said:

Hopefully some teams come in for Crawford & Comley we can improve massively on them. Delaney great winner at Chelt but his as stiff as a robot & can't play out well enough to be an IE type defender so get rid imo. Tutte played good but the manager froze him out so he won't get renewed. We love Miller & Arthur they contributed hugely with some late winners besides having a lot of ability but can see us letting them go... Miller was injured for majority of the season whilst Evatt doesn't trust AG starting after the Colchester game. Brocky will get another year I pressume for his versatility & he can still improve. Liam Gordon another loan, try for a lower L2 team. Faal isn't getting s renewal with 0 goals in 20 games for a Barnet side who have completely gone to pot since big Rico left them. Hickman & Mascoll already out the picture. Renew Baps & Gilks another year even if they're just backups they was vital this season. Hopefully we renew Isgrove, he turned up clutch in the final push & massively improved 

Agree with all of this..you put it across way better than i did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Mantra said:

According to https://www.burndenaces.co.uk/bolton-wanderers-squad-list/

This is our current squad contracted for next year

GKs: Gilks

DEFs: Gordon, Santos, Greenidge, Edwards

MIDs: MJ, Comley, Lee, Thomason, Sarcevic, Crawford, Darcy

FWDs: Delfouneso, Doyle, Politic

Didn't realise, Fonz, Gordon, Greenidge, Comley and Crawford are all here till at least Summer 2022. Should be looking to offload or loan out all of them.

 

Expiring this Summer

Renew/sign: Isgrove, Jones, DJ, Dapo

Let go: Crellin, Hickman, Mascoll, Elbouzedi, Faal

Unsure: Tutte, Brockbank, Baptiste, Delaney, Miller

The latter group all had good contributions this season in varying degrees but shouldn't just sign them on sentiment alone. 

Didn't Evatt say that Jones contract had already triggered a renewal the other week?

 

Also are we defo out of the embargo now? Mate of mine reckons we are when we repay a 2m debt to some creditors...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Didn't Evatt say that Jones contract had already triggered a renewal the other week?

 

Also are we defo out of the embargo now? Mate of mine reckons we are when we repay a 2m debt to some creditors...

Yes, I believe it takes a payment. Not sure how much but the club reported a few weeks ago it didn’t see any problems in meeting their obligations in June or July time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

 Greenidge, Delaney and Brockbank are not good enough though i would offer Brockbank another contract because he can play in a number of positions

You'd offer him a new deal because he's not good enough in a variety of positions?

Where do I sign, then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For the first time in years I’m relaxed about our signings, we’ve a manager in place who seems to know his onions and he will have a decent budget for league 1 level to work with. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s got it right once when he had the freedom and budget to identify the players he wanted. He’ll get it right again. Not had as much faith in a gaffer in getting it right since Sam

kick back enjoy the summer, enjoy the Euros, enjoy the announcements and enjoy the ride next season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Based on current squad so ignoring so are loans and will go back but might stay

Gk Gilks An Other

Rb Jones and Brockbank

Lb John and Jackson

CH Baptiste Santos An other 

Midfield Lee MJ Legohead Another

Right side Isgrove Another

Amf Sarce Another

Left side Dapo Another

Cfwad Doyle Miller another more target man type 

 

That gives a 22 man squad of which 15 are 'current' hopefully some space for players coming through. Politic being most likely. Be question of what we can move on and what we can find. We have the basis of a competitive team but couple of key injuries becomes worrying  

 

Edited by Ani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Nope not moving them on unless they want to go........Same with Fonz. They are contracted to the club but we need replacements for the three we have no keeper, Greenidge, Delaney and Brockbank are not good enough though i would offer Brockbank another contract because he can play in a number of positions.

Get a new quality centre half in and let him Santos and Baptiste fight for the two positions

Same with Fonz these are the 3 main areas we need improving and we are in a higher league with 3 players not getting younger

I sort of follow you but our defence.... and Santos & Baptiste in particular got us promoted. They have a good partnership going on. Any centre half coming in would have to wait for his opportunity as they have earned theirs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Deanu said:

Hopefully some teams come in for Crawford & Comley we can improve massively on them. Delaney great winner at Chelt but his as stiff as a robot & can't play out well enough to be an IE type defender so get rid imo. Tutte played good but the manager froze him out so he won't get renewed. We love Miller & Arthur they contributed hugely with some late winners besides having a lot of ability but can see us letting them go... Miller was injured for majority of the season whilst Evatt doesn't trust AG starting after the Colchester game. Brocky will get another year I pressume for his versatility & he can still improve. Liam Gordon another loan, try for a lower L2 team. Faal isn't getting s renewal with 0 goals in 20 games for a Barnet side who have completely gone to pot since big Rico left them. Hickman & Mascoll already out the picture. Renew Baps & Gilks another year even if they're just backups they was vital this season. Hopefully we renew Isgrove, he turned up clutch in the final push & massively improved 

Agree with pretty much all of that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Traf said:

You'd offer him a new deal because he's not good enough in a variety of positions?

Where do I sign, then?

correct......Having Brockbank on the bench gives Evatt more freedom to put more attack minded players along side him on the bench. Worth a contract for that alone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Shaz met with Mark Noble today. He could do a job for us. 

Didn’t he sign up for a new 12 months contract a couple of months ago?

With a view to moving onto the coaching staff afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Ani said:

Shaz met with Mark Noble today. He could do a job for us. 

It was a strange tweet. I'm not sure what the point of it was.

He's (or Sharon's) got a nice garden, though.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It was a strange tweet. I'm not sure what the point of it was.

He's (or Sharon's) got a nice garden, though.

You're not wrong there- just looking at that. The box hedge is quite impressive, just hope it doesn't get blight. Cracking view too.

Sharon does seem to have some contacts- good stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're not wrong there- just looking at that. The box hedge is quite impressive, just hope it doesn't get blight. Cracking view too.

Sharon does seem to have some contacts- good stuff.

You've got good eyes if you can see through that table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.