Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He could be our Raheem Sterling 😁

 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've already made that analogy- they're quite similar, just one is a lot better!

True, but Sterling has time to improve. Give him a break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He could be our Raheem Sterling 😁

 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've already made that analogy- they're quite similar, just one is a lot better!

True, but Sterling has time to improve. Give him a break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem qith looking at Championship players is that the clubs in it are mostly basket cases, either in or skirting with financial crises.

The salaries they're paying are a step change than our current circumstances will permit. Some may have to take deep breaths & swallow pay cuts but they will only do that quite late in the window once their options narrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I deffo think Dapo is good enough for L1 next season. 

Me too. I think he just needs more games under his belt. He's going to improve if he stays with us. The lads got pace, control, skill, tracks back and is fouled loads... the opposition can't handle him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the first normal pre-season we'e had for ages. Last year nobody knew what the hell was going to happen with football until mid-Summer and the season started later than usual, the year before Ken Anderson nearly took us out of existence and the year before that was pockmarked with him not being wages and player strikes. 

Normal first bit of action/indication of how things are shaping is the retained list. Generally it happens in the first fortnight after the season's end and its been happening at plenty of other clubs already. Be very interested to see who gets released/paid off. 

Glad to be a normal club again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

It's the first normal pre-season we'e had for agels. Last year nobody knew what the hell was going to happen with football until mid-Summer and the season started later than usual, the year before Ken Anderson nearly took us out of existence and the year before that was pockmarked with him not being wages and player strikes. 

Normal first bit of action/indication of how things are shaping is the retained list. Generally it happens in the first fortnight after the season's end and its been happening at plenty of other clubs already. Be very interested to see who gets released/paid off. 

Glad to be a normal club again!

Good point re pre-season, and great to feel normal, or put another way not to be one of the current basket case clubs.  

Re the retained list, surely those under contract are here next season unless we can sell them (more likely, loan them) and those not under contract are free agents?  Yes we can offer the likes of Baptiste another year but nothing to stop him signing for someone else that offers to double his wages.  If they are any good and don't get a better offer they will sign for us, but that will be one at a time rather than a "list".  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Good point re pre-season, and great to feel normal, or put another way not to be one of the current basket case clubs.  

Re the retained list, surely those under contract are here next season unless we can sell them (more likely, loan them) and those not under contract are free agents?  Yes we can offer the likes of Baptiste another year but nothing to stop him signing for someone else that offers to double his wages.  If they are any good and don't get a better offer they will sign for us, but that will be one at a time rather than a "list".  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

You are right but players can be paid off too .... a player with a year left could be given a severance payment and told he was free to find another club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be happy to have never heard of the players we bring in.

That way, they're not coming due to reputation, they're coming because Evatt think they can play his way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd be happy to have never heard of the players we bring in.

That way, they're not coming due to reputation, they're coming because Evatt think they can play his way.

I'd agree with that, but on the other hand we hadn't heard of most of them that came in at the start of the season, and they were absolute bobbins! ...although they could have been Phoenix signings.

We don't wanna go down the route of journeymen players, we want and need winners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He came out with some shit before we played them down there about destroying the kids, but actually during and after game was ok. 
 

Think him and their manager Ainsworth have the same birthday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.