Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

If we can ship out Greenidge and Comley that’ll free up some space.

What is the squad size limit assuming we come out of the embargo?

22, plus under age & not including keepers.

If we can't ship these out we can not register them & they don't consume a place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

If we can ship out Greenidge and Comley that’ll free up some space.

What is the squad size limit assuming we come out of the embargo?

I think this is our main issue this Summer. If we really want to create quality in depth we are going to have to do some shifting out the door. These two are definitely in that category. Question is ... who'd want em! Maybe Greenidge could go back to Scandinavia. We also need to hope Liam Gordon finds a new club down south and that Crawford moves on (Evatt doesnt like him, that's clear).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think this is our main issue this Summer. If we really want to create quality in depth we are going to have to do some shifting out the door. These two are definitely in that category. Question is ... who'd want em! Maybe Greenidge could go back to Scandinavia. We also need to hope Liam Gordon finds a new club down south and that Crawford moves on (Evatt doesnt like him, that's clear).

Does anyone like Crawford?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think this is our main issue this Summer. If we really want to create quality in depth we are going to have to do some shifting out the door. These two are definitely in that category. Question is ... who'd want em! Maybe Greenidge could go back to Scandinavia. We also need to hope Liam Gordon finds a new club down south and that Crawford moves on (Evatt doesnt like him, that's clear).

Thats why i am not sure about the 2 year contracts given to Jones and Isgrove

If we did get back to back promotions and its a big if we would have them both for a season in the championship.

Add Comley to those three and its a expensive pay off, but thats what we may have to do.

For what its worth i cannot see Greenidge and Gordon being on decent wages but the other two we may have to take a hit on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Thats why i am not sure about the 2 year contracts given to Jones and Isgrove

If we did get back to back promotions and its a big if we would have them both for a season in the championship.

Add Comley to those three and its a expensive pay off, but thats what we may have to do.

For what its worth i cannot see Greenidge and Gordon being on decent wages but the other two we may have to take a hit on

The wages element is an aspect but it looks like the squad can be 22 strong (not including keepers and under 21s). I reckon we are going to need around five through the door to make the necessary space and that's Comley, Gordon, Greenidge, Crawford and one other - perhaps Darcy or Edwards out on loan. Being controversial I would't be overly fussed if we moved Delfouneso on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The wages element is an aspect but it looks like the squad can be 22 strong (not including keepers and under 21s). I reckon we are going to need around five through the door to make the necessary space and that's Comley, Gordon, Greenidge, Crawford and one other - perhaps Darcy or Edwards out on loan. Being controversial I would't be overly fussed if we moved Delfouneso on. 

Surely Darcy is an under age homegrown player, doesn’t count does he?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Not get a fee for either

Why?

It is also possible, that should we gain another promotion, then IE would want them.

He wants to go for it again, yet has offered them both 2 years- he must therefore be aware of their worth here and value elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

Thats why i am not sure about the 2 year contracts given to Jones and Isgrove

If we did get back to back promotions and its a big if we would have them both for a season in the championship.

Add Comley to those three and its a expensive pay off, but thats what we may have to do.

For what its worth i cannot see Greenidge and Gordon being on decent wages but the other two we may have to take a hit on

If we gain back to back promotions & they have played their part then why would we want to get rid? You had this attitude with Baptiste after this season, fuckin baffles me... If they have been a major part in a successful season why would you automatically bin them off? 

  Some teams have had players in the 1st & 2nd divisions who have done themselves proud in the Prem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I might have had too much to drink but if someone is on a two year contract with us and we sell them after a year we'll get a fee for them?

We would if we actually sell them, but I expect we’d go for a bit of a ‘mutual termination’ kind of scenario. No fee for us but get them off the wage bill and the player becomes a lot more attractive to other clubs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

If we gain back to back promotions & they have played their part then why would we want to get rid? You had this attitude with Baptiste after this season, fuckin baffles me... If they have been a major part in a successful season why would you automatically bin them off? 

  Some teams have had players in the 1st & 2nd divisions who have done themselves proud in the Prem. 

What attitude with Baptiste....Barring the first three games he was brilliant, but he is getting no younger. Glad he got a new contract but at the end of the day he will be 36 playing in a league higher. I hope he has another cracking season but he is not the future,

Going back to Isgrove and Jones they both had a great end to the season but for me the jury is still out

They both got dropped in lge 2.....What i am saying was if we get promoted again can they step up.

Evatt thinks they can that will do for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

What attitude with Baptiste....Barring the first three games he was brilliant, but he is getting no younger. Glad he got a new contract but at the end of the day he will be 36 playing in a league higher. I hope he has another cracking season but he is not the future,

Going back to Isgrove and Jones they both had a great end to the season but for me the jury is still out

They both got dropped in lge 2.....What i am saying was if we get promoted again can they step up.

Evatt thinks they can that will do for me

In your previous posts he automatically became a back up next season when/if IE signed another centre half. As far as I'm concerned he has a good partnership with Santos & is the man in possession of the shirt until his form drops & the next man in makes it his. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a squad who, in the second half of last season, set a 90+ point pace.

It seems the core of that squad remains intact. Just Declan John to be achieved. That should be more than adequate to reach solid mid-table.

We've not even begun to openly add the 3 to 5 new faces we will find, none of which will be worse than what we have. Add a couple of loans & it could be a very strong squad. Strong enough to trouble the scorers at the top end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if we ship out Greenidge, Comley, Crawford, Gordon and Edwards, that gives us 12 players.

GK 1 = Gilks (not signed yet but surely will)

DEF 3 = Baptiste, Santos, Jones

MID 4 = Tutte, MJ, Lee, Sarcevic

FWD 4 = Delf, Dapo, Doyle, Isgrove 

HG 3 (dont count to squad size) = Darcy, Politic, Thomason

 

So if max squad size is 22 then we can bring in 10 more players? Assume Delaney and Brockbank sign then that’s 8 more players not including anyone u21.

So for 8 players, I would look to add:

1 GK - backup to Gilks


2 left backs - Currently have 0 if we loan out Gordon

1 Centre-back - Delaney would be only viable cover atm if he signs and Greenidge leaves. 

1 CAM - Sarcevic could do with some more competition for the 10 role

1 Winger - Izzy, Politic, Dapo and Delf, atm but saw how much Evatt likes to sub wingers this season

1 Striker - seen people wanting a big man to offer something different but I’d prefer a pacy striker that can help set up counters and get in behind more and could possibly play on the wing too.

Any sort of versatile player we could add would be great. Someone who could cover CB and right back would be a big help

 

Edited by Mantra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

In your previous posts he automatically became a back up next season when/if IE signed another centre half. As far as I'm concerned he has a good partnership with Santos & is the man in possession of the shirt until his form drops & the next man in makes it his. 

Time stands still for no man and yes Baptiste is coming to a end with his playing days at Bolton...........Form is not the issue age is.

So yes i would like Evatt to try and get someone in at the side of Santos sooner rather than later.

Does not mean i am critical of Baptiste in any way shape or form

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Time stands still for no man and yes Baptiste is coming to a end with his playing days at Bolton...........Form is not the issue age is.

So yes i would like Evatt to try and get someone in at the side of Santos sooner rather than later.

Does not mean i am critical of Baptiste in any way shape or form

For me the shirt is his, its upto whoever comes in to take it from him. You also allude to Isgrove & Jones not being good enough if we got back to back promotions...if they have been an integral part of that why just assume they won't be able to do a job the season after? Makes no sense to me. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

For me the shirt is his, its upto whoever comes in to take it from him. You also allude to Isgrove & Jones not being good enough if we got back to back promotions...if they have been an integral part of that why just assume they won't be able to do a job the season after? Makes no sense to me. 

 

If and its a big if we got back to back promotions we would need to rebuild

I dont think Jones or Isgrove would step up, but hey i would love to be proved wrong.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they're regulars in a side that gets promoted then they'll have their part to play the following season.

Same as the 1st team from this season the challenge for IE will be bringing players that add to add to the squad not just numbers and cover.

If Politic can pick off from before his injury it'll be a massive boost. Getting Declan John back on board should be IE and Aunty Sharon's next job. then a Striker

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

If and its a big if we got back to back promotions we would need to rebuild

I dont think Jones or Isgrove would step up, but hey i would love to be proved wrong.

 

 

But for all anybody knows we could get promoted next season & Isgrove or Jones could be POTY... then the rebuild would be in tatters 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Mantra said:

So if we ship out Greenidge, Comley, Crawford, Gordon and Edwards, that gives us 12 players.

GK 1 = Gilks (not signed yet but surely will)

DEF 3 = Baptiste, Santos, Jones

MID 4 = Tutte, MJ, Lee, Sarcevic

FWD 4 = Delf, Dapo, Doyle, Isgrove 

HG 3 (dont count to squad size) = Darcy, Politic, Thomason

 

So if max squad size is 22 then we can bring in 10 more players? Assume Delaney and Brockbank sign then that’s 8 more players not including anyone u21.

So for 8 players, I would look to add:

1 GK - backup to Gilks


2 left backs - Currently have 0 if we loan out Gordon

1 Centre-back - Delaney would be only viable cover atm if he signs and Greenidge leaves. 

1 CAM - Sarcevic could do with some more competition for the 10 role

1 Winger - Izzy, Politic, Dapo and Delf, atm but saw how much Evatt likes to sub wingers this season

1 Striker - seen people wanting a big man to offer something different but I’d prefer a pacy striker that can help set up counters and get in behind more and could possibly play on the wing too.

Any sort of versatile player we could add would be great. Someone who could cover CB and right back would be a big help

 

Edwards has been injured for a long time and looked quite promising prior to that.

Not sure if he needs to be shipped out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, masi 51 said:

If and its a big if we got back to back promotions we would need to rebuild

I dont think Jones or Isgrove would step up, but hey i would love to be proved wrong.

 

 

Agree with you, I like both players but they aren't championship standard.  But that's irrelevant, we've just got promoted to league one, so we need players who can perform at that level.  As much as we'd love to be competing in the top half, I'll be more than happy in the first season not to have a relegation battle; looking ahead to playing in the championship isn't a serious consideration, let's get a foothold in league one.  Let's not forget how much progress that would represent from where we were in February.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino pinned this topic
  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.