Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Aye it's a long time since January. 😂

I meant it more as in a progression of late. Personally I wasn't creaming myself over the signings in January apart from Kieron Lee as I knew sweet fa about them, but the lads we brought in were excellent. 

We now know what a prospect Afolayan is & his signing was a great start to the window. Gethin Jones is a solid addition, as is Johnstone but it's the signing of Sheehan that sets the benchmark for me. With him, MJ Dapo & Sarcevic in midfield we are going to be a force next season. 

    Can't wait to see who IE is going to bring in upfront as I reckon it's going to be another marquee signing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yeah I know where you are coming from Ronnie feels good to be excited about signings and getting our business done early. To be fair we did Sarce & Doyle early last year with the wage cap but brought a mixed bag in after that. Trust Evatt enough to think that wont happen this year. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I meant it more as in a progression of late. Personally I wasn't creaming myself over the signings in January apart from Kieron Lee as I knew sweet fa about them, but the lads we brought in were excellent. 

We now know what a prospect Afolayan is & his signing was a great start to the window. Gethin Jones is a solid addition, as is Johnstone but it's the signing of Sheehan that sets the benchmark for me. With him, MJ Dapo & Sarcevic in midfield we are going to be a force next season. 

    Can't wait to see who IE is going to bring in upfront as I reckon it's going to be another marquee signing. 

Is Sheehan a rumour ? Or a definite ? Or a definite rumour ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Looking promising already in our recruitment drive, the hard part will be to sign a decent striker to push Doyle.

Plenty of time yet, glad to see we're getting all our other business done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

We need loans out sorted out for Comley, Crawford, Gordon, Greenidge asap.

These guys are just not going to be in the squad, so any announcement about their departures would be as good as any new signing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

We need loans out sorted out for Comley, Crawford, Gordon, Greenidge asap.

These guys are just not going to be in the squad, so any announcement about their departures would be as good as any new signing.

Comley Crawford and Gordon Greenidge should be opening the batting for West Indies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Never heard of this George Johnston before 

Sounds like he's got a decent enough background 

Maybe a long term replacement for Baptiste 

And it's pissed off Wigan, for that reason alone it's a great signing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

George Johnston from Wigan, 22 year old defender just signed

Former Liverpool Reserve captain, moved to Feyenord & joined on loan for Wigan's great escape last January (bastards). Played 22 times.

A left sided centre-half but able to play across the back. Despite never having heard of him that's a decent pedigree for a 'one for the future'.

I felt we needed a good, ready made centre half to join. I assume this guy fits that bill.

Now get John signed.

 

What then ? ... I still think Evatt has another 3 of 4 in mind. If Sheehan is the extra midfielder then a proper good striker to join Doyle. Tempting to say a trickster winger on the right but maybe Evatt sees Politic doing that.

Not to mention a couple of high quality loans.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

My mate got bollocked for ringing that 

Had to pay £84 to the company where I was contracted or get binned .....thought I could get away with calls from the workshop to clubcall but the fly in the ointment was the fact the company was located in Skelmersdale & I was the only Bolton fan on site ....mmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
44 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Had to pay £84 to the company where I was contracted or get binned .....thought I could get away with calls from the workshop to clubcall but the fly in the ointment was the fact the company was located in Skelmersdale & I was the only Bolton fan on site ....mmmm

Haha brilliant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.