Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Still interesting that Politic hasn’t signed 

I reckon he will. Maybe didn’t fancy dropping to L2 if we end up shit or didn’t think he’d be ready for the championship if we go up.

FWIW, I reckon he’ll be back in Jan and if he’s getting enough minutes, will sign before Easter

• Members
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Played today so FA Cup. Even if we recalled him early Jan, likely he wouldn’t play 3rd round. We’re bound to be out by 4th round so no issue for me

Yeah give a fuck about the cups. It’s the league we need be focused on 

It's a bit weird he hasn't signed it, can only think Evatt said to him "go to Port Vale, if you can stay fit and put in some good performances, then maybe you'll get in the first team at Bolton".

Maybe Denis has thought, he's better holding out and assessing his options. But seeing as he's just had a long-term injury, you'd think he'd want that guaranteed contract on the table.

Probably an ambitious player and wants guaranteed game-time and won't sign the contract until he knows he'll get it.

• Site Supporter

The other big factor not to forget with Politic, is that at the moment he is a squad player for a league 2 side.

He’s had a bad injury and lengthy spell on the sidelines. Yes he stood out 2/3 years ago in a poor, young, inexperienced side and from the odd highlight with Port Vale, he’s shown flashes of potential, but he’s not yet a first name on the team sheet, regular starter or consistent performer.

It’s another one where we are going to have to trust the people that know him best and watch/analyse him on a regular basis. If IE and FV think he brings something different/better than what we have in the squad they’ll put a deal on the table and as they have demonstrated recently they won’t be held to ransom but will reward where they feel it’s been deserved. 

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Have we actually offered him a contract

surely bolton are playing cautious with this after such a bad injury it’s about minutes on the pitch otherwise it could be a costly one if he breaks down 

Yes.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19573204.bolton-boss-ian-evatt-dennis-politics-contract-offer-port-vale-loan/

Only positive I can pull out of my arse tonight is that we've not tied ourselves down to too many players right now.

Yes, in Summer we could've done with getting more full-back cover, striker cover, etc etc.

But at least our squad isn't full of deadwood, got plenty of room to buff out the squad and a clearer idea of who can cut it at this level and who can't.

Big couple of transfer windows coming up if we want to keep progressing.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Only positive I can pull out of my arse tonight is that we've not tied ourselves down to too many players right now.

Yes, in Summer we could've done with getting more full-back cover, striker cover, etc etc.

But at least our squad isn't full of deadwood, got plenty of room to buff out the squad and a clearer idea of who can cut it at this level and who can't.

Big couple of transfer windows coming up if we want to keep progressing.

We almost ceased to exist 2 years ago. Have a bit of patience.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We almost ceased to exist 2 years ago. Have a bit of patience.

But a lot of folk don’t have that patience unfortunately.

These days, you’re only as good as the last game.

Short memories from some dimwits.