Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite
 Share

Recommended Posts

I liked Sarce, and he was good for a goal and driving forward from midfield. 

Nonetheless I was very disappointed for Kieran Lee missing out at the start of the season, and have always thought that beyond goal threats, MJ, Lee & Sheehan were our best three. 

Going off the back of last season, Thomason is a real prospect and I wouldn’t mind seeing him given more of an opportunity now as well. 

Would have Politic back in January without a doubt. Some would argue he’s got better with injury and became overrated, but I have every faith this lad can go far, and has goals in him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I do agree he's average overall, but from a goalscoring point of view those 3 don't replace Sarcevic (add Thomason to that, who may get more chances now).  As bad as we played last 2 games Sarcevic came closest to scoring in both, even just coming on as sub, the others don't have the same scoring potential.  It brings our lack of goalscorers into sharper focus.

To be fair, Sheehan and Sarcevic both on 3 goals, plus Sheehan does set pieces

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No further than WanderersWays....

it was already announced that he signed for Stockport before anything was said on here, i was just making the point it seems to have happened in the heat of the moment but was so quick there's no going back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The disruption of this is something no team needs at anytime. 
When that player is your captain and a virtual ever present it seems worse.

It either points to a deeper issue in the club, players v manager or a row that got massively out of hand, neither of which are good.  

But if it is a deeper issue maybe we need take the pain to be able to move on. 
On Sarce as a player in a transfer window he is replaceable on the pitch. It might help Sheehan to be clear first choice and more balanced with Lee in there. Thomason can IMO come in, do Politic and Darcy return ? 
So it is a hassle we could do without, let's see the reaction tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, big ben said:

it was already announced that he signed for Stockport before anything was said on here, i was just making the point it seems to have happened in the heat of the moment but was so quick there's no going back

I thought the point you made was there being disquiet in the dressing room. That, you claimed, came from someone who was inside the group and bringing such info out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I thought the point you made was there being disquiet in the dressing room. That, you claimed, came from someone who was inside the group and bringing such info out.

no need to be sarky obviously things were said but it's probably both of them taking the frustrations out on each other

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

The disruption of this is something no team needs at anytime. 
When that player is your captain and a virtual ever present it seems worse.

It either points to a deeper issue in the club, players v manager or a row that got massively out of hand, neither of which are good.  

But if it is a deeper issue maybe we need take the pain to be able to move on. 
On Sarce as a player in a transfer window he is replaceable on the pitch. It might help Sheehan to be clear first choice and more balanced with Lee in there. Thomason can IMO come in, do Politic and Darcy return ? 
So it is a hassle we could do without, let's see the reaction tomorrow. 

Or a bad apple in the cart being discarded after one too many indescretions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, big ben said:

no need to be sarky obviously things were said but it's probably both of them taking the frustrations out on each other

Sarcy? Far from sarcasm. I’m merely pointing out the ‘point’ you claim to be making wasn’t actually the point you were making.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Or a bad apple in the cart being discarded after one too many indescretions?

Sorry was not clear that was really what I meant by the 'take the pain and move on' really was not clear in what I wrote ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.