Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/st-pats-lining-up-ambitious-swoop-for-bolton-striker-eoin-doyle-41193055.html

Can't fault his work rate or attitude but be best for everybody. He did his job of getting the goals to get us out of L2 now it's time to all look ahead to the future and the present to accel. He'd be alright off the bench if he saved his energy he uses up in 90 mins and put it into a 20 minute cameo against tired legs but doubt he'd want to be a bench player plus we need to free up wages for new players as he is a high earner

Edited by Deanu

2 hours ago, nantwichwhite said:

Knowing our luck he will do his acl in the first month. Although paying dollar for a player is another big step for us and positive news

Probably won't be match ready for a month, hasn't played in ages.

I'd be sorry if the Doyle story was true. He's misfired this season but he's a great deal more than that to us, our style, our ethos currently. Plus Charles will take time to get up to speed.

Doyle will get his chance to return to Ireland if that's what he wants, but no need until the summer at the soonest.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Anyone else find this a bit fucking odd?

Remember at the time sarce story broke and numerous people said Doyle was gone as well at same time. 

with what was being said I was surprised he was still here and would explain his lack of form I guess?

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I trust Evatt to have replacements lined up.

We all knew Doyle’s race had been run at this level I think 

Go back to when we signed him on this thread and I said he couldn’t live at this level then. 

I actually really like the lad and wish him nothing but the best. His passion for our club last year was there for all to see. Summat not quite right in addition to his limited ability this season. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I actually really like the lad and wish him nothing but the best. His passion for our club last year was there for all to see. Summat not quite right in addition to his limited ability this season. 

Cant disagree with any of that.

Good goalscorer but the combination you highlight means it didn’t quite happen for him this season.

Thanks and good luck.

Time for us to move on now. 

Best wishes to Doyle from me, he played a huge part in last season's promotion & even if he's not had the same impact this season, we've been a better team when he's played, he's been our best frontman by a mile & there's never been any doubt about the effort he puts in.

If he's gone, it leaves us desperately short upfront for now, but if we can use his saved wages & recruit well, it might be for the best longer term.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Best wishes to Doyle from me, he played a huge part in last season's promotion & even if he's not had the same impact this season, we've been a better team when he's played, he's been our best frontman by a mile & there's never been any doubt about the effort he puts in.

If he's gone, it leaves us desperately short upfront for now, but if we can use his saved wages & recruit well, it might be for the best longer term.

Agreed.

Maybe something wasn't right over he Sarc thing, who knows, but the king is dead, long live the King.