Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Members
34 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

So if Doyler can go to St Pats for Saturday, does that mean Charles can come in for us? The window is open after all and all the spadework for the deal could have been done before.

Won’t be signed until 1st

Need to be registered the Friday before the game. So unless there is any special ruling because it falls on a Saturday then no. 
 

I assume either their transfer window is different or he goes on a free so he’ll be a free agent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Doyle's a free agent apparently. An "agreement" has been made on the remaining 18 months of his deal and he's getting a 3 yr deal in Ireland.

That's our two highest earners gone in the last two months.

Which isn’t a bad business plan. They’d be difficult to get a fee for that would be more than what we would be paying in wages. 
They’re underperforming but did us a job of getting us out of L2.

So we move them on for “free” but the money we’d save in agents fees, wages, clauses would be enough to then attract some players who have a limited amount of time left on their contracts with wages and bonuses

Its smart competent business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not saying it's bad practice, nor was I inferring we were struggling with the wage bill.

We had to give Sarce & Doyle the deals they got to get them to sign for us. They did a good job in getting us back up at the first attempt and it has become clear that neither were good enough at this level.

Sarcevic was particualrly disappointing. I think Doyle's age caught up with him after injury & covid in the summer and he wasn't as effective at pressing as last year and his confidence looks shot.

The only issue is that we've no fit strikers at the club right now. If Charles signs tomorrow, he won't be match fit for a while. Much was made of Cole Stockton not being in Morecambe's last squad, but I'd heard he had Covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
24 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'm not saying it's bad practice, nor was I inferring we were struggling with the wage bill.

We had to give Sarce & Doyle the deals they got to get them to sign for us. They did a good job in getting us back up at the first attempt and it has become clear that neither were good enough at this level.

Sarcevic was particualrly disappointing. I think Doyle's age caught up with him after injury & covid in the summer and he wasn't as effective at pressing as last year and his confidence looks shot.

The only issue is that we've no fit strikers at the club right now. If Charles signs tomorrow, he won't be match fit for a while. Much was made of Cole Stockton not being in Morecambe's last squad, but I'd heard he had Covid.

No I know I’m just saying why I think it makes sense. 
I know FV can be questioned over a few points but I think the way they run the club is very clever and thought out. It’s not to make a quick buck, or to get giddy but it’s ran well especially with the transfer policies. Putting the little foundations in for a steady ship 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
58 minutes ago, tomski said:

His Wife has responded on twitter saying it’s the first she’s heard on this move.

Maybe it is 

Or maybe it's been in the pipeline for some time 

Either way, I wouldn't be looking to wags for anything ITK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Zico said:

Maybe it is 

Or maybe it's been in the pipeline for some time 

Either way, I wouldn't be looking to wags for anything ITK

Fair points. You’d assume she would have an idea about moving country though.

Again only a guess but I suspect it’s a fall out of sarce gate if true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
35 minutes ago, tomski said:

Fair points. You’d assume she would have an idea about moving country though.

Again only a guess but I suspect it’s a fall out of sarce gate if true

Yeah i reckon she'd know all about it but not likely to tell all on twitter 

I reckon you're right re: fallout 

We've get two underperforming high end earners off the books so can't complain really 

Now hope evatt can do his thing in the transfer market like he did last jan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Zico said:

Yeah i reckon she'd know all about it but not likely to tell all on twitter 

I reckon you're right re: fallout 

We've get two underperforming high end earners off the books so can't complain really 

Now hope evatt can do his thing in the transfer market like he did last jan

There are still enough matches left for Bolton to be promoted this season, but it will cost the owners a lot more money to sign a few very good 3rd tier players than it did to sign a few very good 4th tier players.If that's the plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

There are still enough matches left for Bolton to be promoted this season, but it will cost the owners a lot more money to sign a few very good 3rd tier players than it did to sign a few very good 4th tier players.If that's the plan.

I meant just to improve the squad and get them on an upward trajectory, not necessarily the play offs, but I'd take top half and PJ final

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

There are still enough matches left for Bolton to be promoted this season, but it will cost the owners a lot more money to sign a few very good 3rd tier players than it did to sign a few very good 4th tier players.If that's the plan.

Defo plenty of time. I trust Evatt in transfer market. Let’s see what he can do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be a bit of a worry if Doyle does go and it turns out Dion is a like for like swap and we don’t bring in another striker as well . Doyle’s didn’t seem to get injured much and was ever present . Bako hasn’t been fit for more than a couple of weeks at a time . Dion hasn’t played this season so knowing our luck hamstring waiting to happen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.