Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Horwich said:

Senior

Played 2 (out of 23 games)

Lost 2

28.9% of passes successful

(But I dont like him because he said a bad word to a Horwich cricket player 🙄 )

Thomason

Played 7 (out of 23 games)

Lost 5

Won 1

Drew 1

84.9 of passes successful (Not bad)

84.9% not bad?

Fuck me, you're a hard task master.

I like him. Young kid always wants the ball and brave with it when he's got it.

I think he'll get better as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

84.9% not bad?

Fuck me, you're a hard task master.

I like him. Young kid always wants the ball and brave with it when he's got it.

I think he'll get better as well.

 

I think he will get better aswell. I think he would benefit from a loan move in the summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beevers available from Peterborough, Nixon speculating a return to Sheffield Wed 

Might be a asset to us these days with his heading ability & set piece threat.

Not featuring for posh in the championship , certainly good enough for league 1.

He could leave his nine iron in Peterborough though.

unfortunately I don’t think Evatt sees a CB as a priority 

 

Edited by Take Hunt Off
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Beevers available from Peterborough, Nixon speculating a return to Sheffield Wed 

Might be a asset to us these days with his heading ability & set piece threat.

Not featuring for posh in the championship , certainly good enough for league 1.

He could leave his nine iron in Peterborough though.

unfortunately I don’t think Evatt sees a CB as a priority 

 

No way is Beevers an Evatt type player.

... and besides, there's no point having somebody good on set pieces when we clearly don't practice them or have anyone who can kick a ball over the head of the first man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Beevers available from Peterborough, Nixon speculating a return to Sheffield Wed 

Might be a asset to us these days with his heading ability & set piece threat.

Not featuring for posh in the championship , certainly good enough for league 1.

He could leave his nine iron in Peterborough though.

unfortunately I don’t think Evatt sees a CB as a priority 

 

I’d take him back he’s different type of centre half to what we already have.  Would a loan deal suit both parties until end of season. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Horwich said:

Senior

Played 2 (out of 23 games)

Lost 2

28.9% of passes successful

(But I dont like him because he said a bad word to a Horwich cricket player 🙄 )

Thomason

Played 7 (out of 23 games)

Lost 5

Won 1

Drew 1

84.9 of passes successful (Not bad)

Thomason. Only picked once the team had lost all form and was full of injuries and heads down.

He will learn from Lee, and undoubtedly would do better with better players around him. Good vision and passes it well. Works hard and although a touch short on pace, still gets about and will put a tackle in. 

The last sentence is something rarely seen from Sarc and Sheehan. They may have more craft but there's room for all types.

As for his win ratios, maybe have a look at those regular first team players who have played in those games. Presumably they must be equally shite as him then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d take him back he’s different type of centre half to what we already have. 

I’d take Beevers back and I never thought I’d say that. He’d certainly give us the aerial strength we need in both boxes and the experience to guide Rico, which he desperately needs. Not the worst shout ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’d take Beevers back and I never thought I’d say that. He’d certainly give us the aerial strength we need in both boxes and the experience to guide Rico, which he desperately needs. Not the worst shout ever.

Think the only issue would be his age and the fact there’s no sell on value. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think the only issue would be his age and the fact there’s no sell on value. 

True Mounts but you could say the same about Lee and even Doyle. Isn’t experience something that makes up for that because that’s what Rico needs besides him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DazBob said:

... there's no point having somebody good on set pieces when we clearly don't practice them or have anyone who can kick a ball over the head of the first man.

Which remains a blooming mystery. It would Shirley add goals for relatively small cost to get a proper dead ball coach. They could even aid in defensive db situations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Reports Morecambe want  half a million for Stockton 

Would seem reasonable given £320k for Charles? I've liked what I've seen of Stockton. When he was linked last season some on here said he was a total donkey!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Which remains a blooming mystery. It would Shirley add goals for relatively small cost to get a proper dead ball coach. They could even aid in defensive db situations. 

Evatt appointed a bloke to coach set pieces!

They're practiced too- our captain confirmed this only recently. 

The set up seems adequate; so maybe the coaching/players just aren't doing it well enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Evatt appointed a bloke to coach set pieces!

They're practiced too- our captain confirmed this only recently. 

The set up seems adequate; so maybe the coaching/players just aren't doing it well enough.

Blimey. Well, you can't tell !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Horwich said:

Senior

Played 2 (out of 23 games)

Lost 2

28.9% of passes successful

(But I dont like him because he said a bad word to a Horwich cricket player 🙄 )

Thomason

Played 7 (out of 23 games)

Lost 5

Won 1

Drew 1

84.9 of passes successful (Not bad)

Horwich, could you provide an update on the played/result stats for Senior’s replacement? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Horwich said:

100% losing record.

Thanks. Is this new lad not good enough too then? Surely he has to be based on your grounds of appraisal? Or can he not be because he’s not under the age of 21? 🙄

Edited by Rice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Rice said:

Thanks. Is this new lad not good enough too then? Surely he has to be based on your grounds of appraisal? Or can he not be because he’s not under the age of 21? 🙄

New lad is better than the previous option, coz he is in the squad.

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are wanting to re-sign former players I can get you immediately booked into the Doctors to get your head tested. Please stop with this obsession. Stop panicking and relax for the love of god. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

What we need is a stong running midfielder, someone who can create, score and tackle. 

Someone like that Sarcevic lad at Stockport...........

He wasn't particularly good at any of those three qualities

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.