Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Yes it’s not enough but bod and Charles are the only two that are any good I would try to get shut of Jerome and bring another one in as for victor we are probably stuck with him unfortunately unless burton will give us the money back 

I've got a feeling Victor will come good after a full pre-season with the squad.

Edited by Cheese

Just now, Cheese said:

I've got a feeling Victor will come good next season.

Hope you’re right .
but personally I don’t see what he brings isn’t quick doesn’t hold the ball up well not good in the air . So I don’t see how we can play to him . Long balls or balls in the channels for him like Charles I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ 

from the purple patch at burton is record is crap especially at Barnsley 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Bod signed new 1 yr contract.

That's fantastic news

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

JDB signed for a year.

Great news - a fully fit JDB is better than many of the alternatives that we could get elsewhere

And so's that.

I agree - we won't get better realistically, our front 2 suddenly looks more potent that it has since whenever he was last available. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lee was a magnificent player for us, but at the end, hardly played, so he won't be that difficult to replace.

I thought we missed him when he dropped out of the team and feel he definitely needs replacing - easier said than done.  We are currently weaker without him, as you say he was magnificent at his best, we very rarely failed to improve when he was on the pitch and I can't say that for everyone.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Turns out your suggestion a few weeks ago of 1 year, with a view to 2 based on appearances, wasn't a bad shout... 👏

Every now and again I get something right 😂

It’s a good move all around. He gets to play and stay where he’s happy. We get to give one of our best strikers a chance to do what we know he can do, score goals and create for others.

And if it doesn’t work out or he gets injured again we wave goodbye after a year. 

It’s a gamble, but definitely one worth taking.

Pats on the back all around for getting this over the line; Evatt/Sharon from a footballing/business perspective, JDB for accepting a 1 year deal to prove his worth & fitness and us fans for embracing him and making him feel at home. If all those things aren’t in place the deal probably doesn’t happen. 

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Hope you’re right .
but personally I don’t see what he brings isn’t quick doesn’t hold the ball up well not good in the air . So I don’t see how we can play to him . Long balls or balls in the channels for him like Charles I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ 

from the purple patch at burton is record is crap especially at Barnsley 

Agreed.  I'm puzzled why a few weeks training with the squad, which he's been doing on and off since January anyway, would make him a significantly better player.  If it was that easy we'd be wanting Shoretire and Mbete back, and Jerome wouldn't be getting written off (FWIW I don't think CJ's had a chance to be judged yet, he's got some quality).

I think it's just the benefit of being able to work on team shape, patterns of play, etc. without having to worry about preparing for a match at the weekend

But I'm not convinced the biggest issue is that he previously did well as a lone frontman and now he's having to adjust to a front two

20 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it's just the benefit of being able to work on team shape, patterns of play, etc. without having to worry about preparing for a match at the weekend

But I'm not convinced the biggest issue is that he previously did well as a lone frontman and now he's having to adjust to a front two

Fair comments but I still don't get why that applies to one player and not all the others that have largely been written off, rightly or wrongly, since signing in January. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed.  I'm puzzled why a few weeks training with the squad, which he's been doing on and off since January anyway, would make him a significantly better player.  If it was that easy we'd be wanting Shoretire and Mbete back, and Jerome wouldn't be getting written off (FWIW I don't think CJ's had a chance to be judged yet, he's got some quality).

As I said, it's just a feeling I've got. I didn't say he's going to become a "significantly better player" over the summer.

I would be very surprised if Jerome is still here next season now Bod has re-signed because I can see Evatt still wanting to ring in a young gun as well, possibly the Irish lad we’re being linked with. I wouldn’t expect CJ would have much of a problem finding another position where he’s more likely to play than he has staying here. Time will tell obviously.

Big fan of JDB, he's a good all rounder & if he's playing with confidence will score goals. N'lundulu has a great attitude but I'm hoping he doesn't come back I think he's overrated by some of our fans due to him not being as bad as people expected. He had some promising flashes but that's all really, erratic end product & a awful goal record in all four loan spells at L1 level. Vic didn't set the world a light either but we've invested in him, so see if he can find that Burton form to form a strong partnership with Dion. Cam Jerome I was not against it at the time but honestly speaking it looks like he's just here to help out with passing his experience on & being a wise old head in the changing room not here to make an impact on the pitch.