Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

How many keepers do we actually need? Obviously a first teamer to replace Traff but why can’t Hutch fill in at B Team level? I haven’t actually seen him play but his reviews seem to have been excellent so I don’t see the need to develop other sides kids when we’ve a good one of our own.

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

How many keepers do we actually need? Obviously a first teamer to replace Traff but why can’t Hutch fill in at B Team level? I haven’t actually seen him play but his reviews seem to have been excellent so I don’t see the need to develop other sides kids when we’ve a good one of our own.

You’d need another to sit on the bench. That lad won’t make it at our place. Loans to Atherton etc suggest a good career but not one at our level.

14 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

You need a half decent back up

imagine traf getting injured in the final months I doubt we would’ve qualified 

• Members
15 minutes ago, tomski said:

You’d need another to sit on the bench. That lad won’t make it at our place. Loans to Atherton etc suggest a good career but not one at our level.

One from ipswich who has only played 80 times in the last 10 years for the bench warming position apparently ...Its ok though cos he's from bolton  -Joel Coleman

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

One from ipswich who has only played 80 times in the last 10 years for the bench warming position apparently ...Its ok though cos he's from bolton  -Joel Coleman

😂 always worrying when that’s mentioned early. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Firstly, theyd be permanent signings, not that i care a jot, and secondly 'Hutch' isnt good enough and probably never will be

• Site Supporter

Whatever happened to Ryan Garner, son of former Bradshaw then Heaton cricketer, Garry? He was on Bolton’s books as a young keeper but lost touch when he and his dad left Bradshaw.

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

You must be joking , before the season started the consensus was that he would do a brilliant job just to keep us up.

No credit given whatsoever for getting us promoted from league one in the first place , I get you didn’t like him or his style of play but lacking spine ???

His management of players was poor. The comments of Wilbraham were telling.

So no, I'm not joking.

Shite football, and whilst players were no doubt disillusioned, he couldn't build a seige mentality.

Dull and uninspiring.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Whatever happened to Ryan Garner, son of former Bradshaw then Heaton cricketer, Garry? He was on Bolton’s books as a young keeper but lost touch when he and his dad left Bradshaw.

Went off to college in US

58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

His management of players was poor. The comments of Wilbraham were telling.

So no, I'm not joking.

Shite football, and whilst players were no doubt disillusioned, he couldn't build a seige mentality.

Dull and uninspiring.

Well that’s your opinion fair enough , notwithstanding he reversed the downward path the club was on when he took over.Never easy when the wheels are off & you take over a club in decline , which we were at the time.

Oh & the comments regarding ‘disillusioned’ players are neither here nor there ,most clubs have a disaffected few.

As for ‘siege mentality’ he had that in spades that first season .

So we agree to differ.

Comes with good reviews from Hull fans on Twitter for what that’s worth.

One down (seen a photo of Joel Coleman having his photo taken on social media - so two down really)

Another 5 to go, imo

2 Wingbacks/Wingers

2 midfielders

1 forward

Edited by Mantra

Reading about this lad Baxter's background and pedigree I'm pleased with this one. That bit more experience than Trafford had, a good age with a long future in front of him, Championship experience and good reviews from the Hull fans. 

He will have had plenty of options and he chose us.

That's a good start and if we make a few more signings with his profile I'll be happy.